J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in
, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at
Legal Entity Risk Reporting is responsible for providing data and analytical reporting to regional and local Chief Risk Officers, regulators and Senior Management. There is a critical need to focus on ensuring risk reporting is comprehensive, timely, and accurate so that all levels of risk management can use it to understand and manage the business in a timely and effective manner.
For some locations, Legal Entity Risk Reporting manages the interface and relationship with local regulators around Market and Credit Risks. This requires an understanding and interpretation of the local regulatory requirements and providing a consistent response to each of the individual regulators with whom we interact. For those entities, LE Risk Reporting is responsible for risk oversight and control of the legal entities, which involves the establishment of a cross line of business framework for the measurement and control of market and credit risks at the legal entity level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be based in NY and will report to the Global Legal Entity Risk Reporting Manager. Responsibilities include monitoring and reporting market and credit risks. The position also requires interactions with Businesses, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Finance, Audit and Operations.
Responsibilities, skills, specific duties and essential function:
- Accountable for all Legal Entity risk reports / packs that are submitted to Senior Management, Risk Committees, CROs and regulators. Ensure reasonableness and integrity of risk information before submittal.
- Ensure regulatory risk reporting requirements are being met.
- Assist CROs to establish, control and review risk limits at legal entity level. Ensure any legal entity risk excesses are escalated and controlled as per LE risk policy.
- Review control environment in the region and anticipate potential control issues and opportunities for improvements.
- Ensure consistency in practices and procedures around monitoring and reporting of limits related to regulatory risks across locations.
- Accountable for the development and execution of the regional systems strategy for regulatory reporting tools and applications.
The ideal candidate should have:
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
- Similar experience in a previous role;
- Capacity to interact with front office, support functions, senior management and regulators;
- Able to work on a project mode basis, within a small team integrated within a large organization;
- Ability to understand and interpret local regulatory requirements;
- Leadership & Influence Skills;
- High degree of integrity, independence and impartiality;
- Good team spirit, able to work under pressure, must be a solution provider;
- Strong attention to detail and superior organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
US-NY-New York-277 Park Avenue / 03363
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...