J.P. Morgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm. The firm is a leader in investment banking; financial services for consumers and businesses, transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMC brand, the firm services millions of customers in the United States and abroad. This includes many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Document Management Operating Unit within Reference Data Technology in JPMorgan Chase has been formed at the start of 2013 with an exciting, aggressive and challenging remit to upgrade our key platform. The team has been tasked with defining and implementing a Document Management solution and associated services across creation, capture, storage, retention, search and retrieval of documents stored to support management of core reference data i.e. Party, Client, Legal Entity, Account and Entity relationship. Additionally also provide generic solutions for content management and management of structured and unstructured data including storage and management of images and Search technology architecture across multiple lines of business, allowing for timely, consolidated, consistent and accurate identification and consumption of documents and relevant content by authorized internal and external parties.We are seeking a Application Development Lead to join the Reference Data document management team. This individual will be a part of the dynamic team of highly talented individuals and will be encouraged to contribute ideas, learn, design and implement.
As an Applications Developer Lead, you will plan, architect, design, analyze, develop, code, test, debug and document programming to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects. The individual would be responsible to lead a team of developers, analysts and testers located glo
Design and implement solutions, including re-engineering of existing processes and/or business applications; introduction of new processes or toolsets
Provide objective recommendations and evaluation assistance across a diverse set of technology areas including security, vendor, application, workflow, and design. Work closely with architects to insure consistency with strategic objectives
Adhere to architecture standards, risk management and security policies, leading presentations in architecture review, strategic technology directions, best practice development (e.g., estimating models), mentoring less experienced team members, code reviews.
Present recommendations in a business-friendly way that identifies any issues, details business/client impact, and builds a business case and consensus for implementation
Keep senior management abreast of key issues and pending decisions, which could impact our business
Participate at key technology committees, working groups and discussions across the business as well as firm-wide, representing management positions as well as bringing subject matter expertise to the table. Make every effort to influence decisions to benefit the overall objectives of the business.
Facilitate project meetings; Create materials to be used for presentation at working group and senior management meetings
Define user acceptance test plans and test cases. Coordinate and execute user acceptance testing. Responsible for understanding results and providing sufficient information to senior management to enable signoff on a deliverable
Manage budget and resource allocation for global feature teams
Facilitate the definition of service levels and customer requirements. Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery.
Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients' needs as appropriate to senior management. Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Minimum 10+ years of highly technical work in large, complex enterprise environments
- Minimum 5+ years hands-on software development work experience in large-scale distributed technology projects
- Should posses excellent object-oriented design skills with strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to perform in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and decision making skills. Candidate must identify issues, seek solutions and gain consensus regarding outcome
- Team player and adaptable to changing environment, with good interpersonal skills
- Strong skills in writing complex SQL queries preferably in Oracle
- Strong knowledge of Eclipse/Subversion/Hibernate/Spring frameworks
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and time management skills
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer science or equivalent with relevant experience
- Hands on experience in Alfresco/MarkLogic/Exari or similar document management tools
- Demonstrated track record in implementing custom, automated business intelligence solutions involving complex data sources structures
- Deep understanding of, and passion for, SDLC processes and automated tools, spanning requirements/issue management, defect tracking, source control, build automation, test automation and release management
- Strong technical and leadership skills to mentor, guide and coach a group of talented, passionate staff
- Experience in leading and partnering with high performing , diverse technical teams across line of business
US-NY-New York-1 CMP / 03425
Yes, 25 % of the Time
JPMorgan Chase - 14 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...