Investor Services Client Documentation is a new, business aligned global organization supporting the Legal and RM/Sales organizations in the end-to-end management of the documentation life cycle. In addition to Legal and Relationship Management/Sales, the team will partner with internal areas including Product, Credit, Client Service, Implementation, and Operations to facilitate a timely, well controlled process from contract creation through receipt of executed documentation. The Client Documentation team will establish a global footprint throughout 2013, including locations in Sydney, Hong Kong, Tokyo, New York, Delaware, London, Bournemouth and India.
We are looking for individuals who have an enthusiasm and passion for driving change, a desire to improve the client experience, and a commitment to service excellence.
This new team will work with multiple internal partners and clients, across Investor Services. The core responsibilities include creating document packages, reviewing existing documentation on file, tracking documents throughout the life cycle, ensuring adherence to internal SLAs and client due dates, ensuring documents receive the appropriate approvals, ensuring required levels of quality control have been met prior to end state storage in the document repository, and ensuring adherence to global policies and standards. The team will provide subject matter and process expertise in client documentation.
- Manage the creation and facilitation of client documentation workflow from the point of client request through documentation creation, collection, negotiation and execution, including tracking and escalations as applicable.
- Responsible for reviewing client requests, determining required documentation and searching in house for existing documentation and interpreting documentation requirements from information provided by Legal and Sales/Relationship Managers.
- Responsible for compiling Client Documentation packages in partnership with legal and Sales/Relationship Managers.
- Review and understand document details to identify standard vs. non standard terms, product specific language and or regulatory disclosure for appropriate tagging in the documentation workflow tool.
- Initiate and monitor document deferrals where applicable.
- Act a facilitator and educator of the Client documentation process for internal and external business partners through the documentation lifecycle.
- Review and monitor documentation during the document negotiation process, obtain necessary approval and create final document packages for execution by Client.
- Partner with Internal business partners, such as Legal, Product, Sales, Relationship Managers and Client Service.
- Ensure documentation conforms to the Bank's legal guidelines and policies and standards, including risk mitigation through adherence to the control framework.
- Manage issues and ensure appropriate onward escalation and timely resolution.
- Provide recommendations and suggestions to address problems, process efficiencies etc.
- Ensure accurate completion of documentation within the internal service level agreements, and/or client request due dates.
- Assist with document remediation projects as and when required.
Preferred but not required:
- Undergraduate degree with minimum 4-6 years experience within the Financial Services Industry.
- Proven experience within a client facing role, understanding client requirements.
- Knowledge of Investor Services products and corporate documentation including a broad understanding of legal documentation, entity organizational documents, tax documentation and/or other documentation types.
- Broad familiarity with legal terms and principles.
- Analytical mind, able to review and analyze information from multiple sources and determine relevancy to specific issues and route to appropriate business partners.
- Proven ability to independently identify issues, analyze problems and provide viable solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to follow up on assignments in a timely manner, exercise good judgment and work accurately under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proven risk awareness and ability to escalate potential risk.
- Interest in learning new skills in a non-static, constantly changing environment.
- Comfortable working with online Documentation Management software or general workflow applications preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word Styling and Web Based Cascading style sheets
- Knowledge of XML principles and Document Object Model principles for web based documents
- General knowledge of methods of Microsoft Access query and underlying data
US-NY-New York-1 CMP / 03425
Treasury & Securities Services
JPMorgan Chase - 12 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...