J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering innovative and intelligent solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years and we keep their interests foremost in our minds at all times. This combination of product strength, intellectual capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader. J.P. Morgan is part of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of $2.0 trillion.
Senior business analysis/project manager, with a strong technical background/numerate, required for Equity derivatives risk management platform in top tier investment bank.
Working in a front office trading environment, the successful candidate must be capable multitasking, retain a calm demeanor under pressure, and be committed to delivering results.
The successful candidate will be adept at working with, and driving, multiple teams (quants, traders, technology, and middle office) and driving projects to completion. Ideally, the candidate will have a passion for designing software in a front office technology environment, with a desire to strive for the highest standard of software engineering and a vision for strategic solutions, while delivering business and usability requirements to demanding customers.
While strong technical skills are a distinct advantage, we are not looking for skills in turning garbage collection, analyzing heap usage, or cleaning up memory leak type problems. The candidate should be keen to understand business problems fully, and translate into technology deliveries to improve efficiency of the business.
Along with excellent problem solving skills, the ideal candidate will be numerate as well as having intermediate programming skills.
In Java/C++/Python or “equivalent language”
Nice to have
- Proficient in objects oriented development and thorough testing
- Proficient in use of data structures (implementation of known structures like linked lists, maps, trees)
- Proficient in use of exceptions handling
- Appreciation of design patterns, and adapt to patterns quickly if necessary
- Understand the need for threading and comfortable working with it
- Experience with relational and objects databases (normalization of data, SQL, or no-SQL)
- Test-driven development – create unit tests along side of coding functionality
- Operating in Unix environments as well as windows UI design and development
JP Morgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
- Development experience in the past in a large-scale application or services architecture.
- Excellent communication skills – communicate with confidence in a high pressure trading environment, clear and precise delivery of verbal and written communications
- Highly numerate
- Self starter, comfortable in learning to use new libraries, not afraid to get hands dirty and create working prototypes
- Strong project management skills – ability to deliver a finished product to the business
- Follow through and pay attention to details – be it in support, development, or project management – all areas.
- Be ready to start working – attack in all areas – absorb documentation, knowing where to look for information, and focused on delivery
- Calm under pressure and positive attitude
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
US-NY-New York-383 Madison Avenue (BSC) / 41039
JPMorgan Chase - 15 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...