PeaceHealth is looking for an outstanding CIO/Senior VP, Knowledge and Information to join our team! The Chief Information & Knowledge Officer, in collaboration with the PeaceHealth Executive Team, is responsible for developing and implementing a technology strategy that meets PeaceHealth's short and long-term objectives. The incumbent will be the primary consultant to the Executive team on future trends in technology and assist in identifying opportunities for PeaceHealth to leverage technology to promote high quality clinical value outcomes while acting as an effective steward of our resources. The incumbent will develop an overall strategy to assure a knowledge data warehouse is developed to provide senior leadership with key trends and information to make effective and timely decisions. As the leader of Information Technology, the incumbent will ensure that the IT division is effectively organized and resourced to deliver on organizational goals. Additional job responsibilities include:
- Develop and successfully implement an effective technology and knowledge decision support strategy that aligns with PeaceHealth goals and objectives. Ensures that technology needs adapt to organizational imperatives.
- Accountable for advising the PeaceHealth Executive Team in the areas of advanced technology, information management, medical informatics and decision support so that technology acquisition, implementation and maintenance is included in tactical and long-range planning.
- Responsible for effective technology planning so that security and service delivery of IT systems meets organizational goals and external compliance needs. Identifies and secures resources to support all IT delivery.
- Develops an IT organization that adapts to the needs of the organization while maximizing standard and best practices and future trends, so that technology supports safe and evidence-based care in all PeaceHealth facilities.
- Effectively collaborates with key stakeholders in the organization to ensure that technology planning and delivery meets organizational goals to include all patient safety goals.
- Ensures that programs are in place to effectively educate providers on the opportunities for technology adoption and effective use to promote positive patient outcomes and deliver value. Serves on a variety of internal and external committees to both plan for the evolution of technology at PeaceHealth as well as imbed technology planning into existing operation strategies.
- Serves as a continuous model of our PeaceHealth Leadership Model.
The following positions report to this position::
- Senior Directors, Enterprise Technology and Enterprise Applications.
- Network CIOs.
- Director, Security and Compliance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, healthcare or related field required.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Informatics or Health Administration preferred.
- 10 + years of experience in senior Information Technology roles in healthcare organizations. Previous experience as a Chief Information Officer in a complex healthcare system.
- Experience implementing complex electronic medical record and related technologies preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a focus on team building and formation.
- Demonstrated competence in financial and business planning, analysis and management.
- Understanding of strategic planning processes and methodologies.
- Collaborative and service oriented leadership, with a clear understanding of clinical and operational priorities and strategies.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
This position is located at the PeaceHealth Shared Services Center in Vancouver, WA -travel is required.
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn !
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and...