The CIO/ Vice President of Information Systems and Compliance provides vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives. The CIO/Vice President of Information Systems and Compliance directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, system optimization, integration and service quality. This individual is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s information technology and systems.
Hiring Range Description:
- The CIO/Vice President of Information System and Compliance implements , coordinates and communicates the hospital wide compliance program as Compliance Officer. W orks at the Board level facilitating and educating the Board Compliance Committee.
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of the business organization as a member of the senior management team.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals and clinical integration by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Develop and maintain IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business through the delivery of cost-effective, responsive services by a team of Information Services professionals that embrace a high quality and service-oriented culture. Work collaboratively with leaders and staff to understand IT issues and opportunities to advance the IT applications.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations. Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
- Implements, coordinates and communicates hospital wide compliance program as Compliance Officer, and ensures IT compliance with HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Promote security awareness and ensure compliance with policies and procedures at all levels of the organization.
Recommends appropriate guidelines, policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure the integrity and security of Northwestern Medical Center’s electronic information in compliance with all regulatory agencies/statutes and generally accepted industry standards.
Ensures that appropriate security measures and controls are addressed in all system designs, configurations and support processes.
Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Healthcare Administration or Business Administration required. Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) or other compliance certification required. Candidates without certification must be eligible to obtain certification within one year.
8-10 year’s experience managing and/or directing an IT operation required, with a strong operational background and proven track record of accomplishments.
Experience as an IT leader in a complex, dynamic environment with an in-depth understanding of the key business issues affecting the health care industry.
Special Skills / Other:
A proven track record working collaboratively with clinical and medical staff for successful clinical system implementations and issue resolution.
A visionary with strong business acumen, who has the ability to balance good judgment with bottom-line business orientation to systems technology that supports return-on-investment decisions.
Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
Professional License Required:
On Call Required:
On Call How Often:
On Call Rotation required
Job Status is Currently:
Internal NMC Job:
Northwestern Medical Center - 19 months ago
Northwestern Medical Center is a vibrant, not-for-profit, primary care hospital nestled at the top of Fairfield Street in St. Albans,...