Provide communications support and serve as a communications consultant to the CIO/Managing Director.
Participate in communications planning and strategy.
Lead external and internal communications, including those that are targeted at the ICS Department, as well as CIO peers, management, superiors, and the public. |
Candidate should provide the following:
- B.A./B.S. in English, Journalism, Communications, Design, Marketing, PR, Multimedia, or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience in a communications, writing, and/or design field.
- Strong writing and editing skills, including the ability to write in someone else’s voice.
- Ability to quickly organize ideas and information in a written format.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize competing demands, learn quickly, and work with tight deadlines.
- Intermediate design skills and understanding of basic design principles.
- Demonstrated experience with PowerPoint or electronic presentations.
- Strong planning and coordination skills.
- Solid understanding of the gospel and working knowledge of the standard works.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be trusted with confidential information.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint is helpful, but not required.
- A resume
- A writing sample
- An electronic presentation created by the candidate
- A design sample (can use electronic presentation, if desired)
- Works with the CIO/Managing Director, CIO Communications Manager, Chief of Staff, and other member of the Office of the CIO to determine CIO communications needs.
- Creates, maintains and enforces a consistent voice, look, and feel for all CIO communication materials.
- Manages the CIO Blog and other dedicated channels for CIO messages.
- Develops and coordinates CIO messages for all departmental meetings (such as All Hands and Leadership Meetings), meetings with the Presiding Bishopric and other meetings with Church leaders, special speaking engagements (such as keynotes and conferences), and other speaking arrangements as requested.
- Manages the production of communications materials, such as talking points, electronic presentations, blogs, talks, email, handouts, multimedia, and other materials as needed.
- Works with the ICS Senior Communications manager to coordinate the use of ICS Communication team members and resources for projects that need additional support (video, event planning, editing, etc.).
- Utilizes other groups as needed in producing and coordinating CIO communications.
- Ensures that all CIO communications are professional and effective, according to ICS Communication policies and standards.
- Preps CIO for upcoming events and speaking assignments.
- Maintains resources for communications collateral (including stories, videos, talks, presentation templates and other related materials).
- Maintains an archive of past talks and presentations
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employement at http://ldschurch.jobs .
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist church that...