Performs work in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation of clients to and from various destinations and to assist clients on entry and exit from vehicles as necessary.
Specific Duties Include:
An employee in this class drives a small car or a van over a scheduled route to transport individuals to and from individual, group, and family therapy sessions. Additional responsibilities include maintaining a variety of records, such as time at each stop, purpose of trip, and number of passengers per day, mileage, and vehicle maintenance. Employees receive direction and route assignments from the dispatcher. Employees are supervised by the Transportation Coordinator. Work is reviewed through observation and review of records.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Employee must possess a valid Class D driver's license with an F-Endorsement (For-Hire).
- Must be 21 years of age or older, with a clean driving record for the previous 5 years, and ability to pass a National Criminal Background Check, a 5-panel drug screen, and a physical examination.
- Must be able to commit to 32 hours of training before beginning to provide transportation services.
Desirable Experience and Training
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment
- Knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures
- Ability to deal effectively and patiently with others
- Ability to operate a small car and a 15-passenger van
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction
- Ability to operate lift equipment and to correctly secure wheelchairs and other mobility devices if necessary
- Ability to lift weights of 40-60 lbs.
- Experience in the operation of large vehicles; or an equivalent combination of experience and training
- Experience transporting up to 10 or more passengers
LES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
LES-TN - 15 months ago