Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
The Plywood facility in Dudley, NC has an opening for a Safety Administrator at the Plywood Facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties.
- Maintain required health and safety recordkeeping
- Provide technical support to the facility steering teams
- Coordinate risk assessment process (PPE, moving equipment, pedestrian safety, etc…)
- Monitor the completion of assessments and subsequent correction action plans
- Provide technical support for department coordinators and leadership
- Participate in all incident investigations.
- Schedule observers and identify focus tasks for behavior based safety observations
- Provide information for pre-shift meetings
- Facilitate safety work order feedback systems
- Review completed powered industrial truck inspections.
- Maintain/review hot work permits
- Participate on the facility safety steering team
- Track completion of annual lockout procedure inspections
High School Diploma or GED
Two years office administrative experience
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Experience in a Workers Compensation and General Liability Third Party
Administrator Liaison, or in Human Resources, as it relates to claims processes
Experience working in a manufacturing setting
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
- 2 years ago - save job
What's on Georgia-Pacific's mind? A whole lotta different products, that's what. Georgia-Pacific (GP) is one of the leading...