Compiles, processes and maintains records of patients in a way that is consistent to the requirements of health care and clinic systems. May be required to interpret and input data into a medical record electronic system.
Perform various medical record duties including interpreting and categorizing patient documents and placing into patient record.
Receive patient notes and pull medical record chart and take to correct physician/provider.
Receiv faxes from pharmaccies, other physician offices and other offices; correctly interpret record chart number, pull chart and distribute to correct provider.
Pull medical record charts to take to registration desk before patient appointment times. Retrieve patient medical record when registration desk, nurse, billing and other staff request patient records.
Copy patient records as required for discharges, legal request and other physician office request.
Maintain confidentiality of all patient medical records in accordance with federal, state and clinic regulations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School education helpful with on the job training and knowledge of medical record protocols.
- The ability to file medical records in accordance to filing procedures.
- Ability to use copier, fax machine, printer, computer and telephone.
- The skills to maintain and process hundreds of patients’ charts for delivery to numerous clinics.
- The ability to keep all patient information confidential.
Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation - 30+ days ago
Baptist Memorial Health Care, an integrated system of hospitals and ancillary patient-care settings, offers an exciting environment for prog...