The Clinical Analyst works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, and information systems. The Clinical Analyst understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
Dignity Health and Sponsoring congregations are committed to furthering the healing ministry of Jesus. Resources are dedicated to: delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable heath services; serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised; and collaborating with others in the community to improve the quality of life.
- Assess and interpret business and user needs and requirements and translates specific portions of business requirements into system requirements, revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary
- Assist with the transition of new application systems to support ensuring that any unique requirements are incorporated into the EHR Alliance program
- Document the business impact of system issues
- Assist in formulating and defining requirements, design, testing, implementation, training, and support through research and fact-finding, combined with a basic understanding of business systems and business unit requirements
- Act as liaison between vendor and nursing departments throughout the hospital
- Define and manage the scope of a business solution to meet the goals of the organization as they relate to the site
- Provide on-going support including resolution of application system incidents, root cause analysis of problems, impact analysis, and planning of proposed system upgrades and patches, analysis and development of enhancements to meet changing customer business requirements
- Ensure all enhancements, upgrades and patches are thoroughly tested and planned before implementation in the production environment
- Serve as a resource to others
- Directly interface with IT’s internal customers at the Manager and Director levels
- Design and implementation of Cerner’s HIM ProFile solution required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management or other applicable clinical discipline
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information technician (RHIT) certification preferred
- Working knowledge of Cerner applications
- Strong understanding of current technologies and the ability to learn technologies quickly.
- Problem solving skills: Adapt in response to new information, shifting priorities, changing conditions, or un-expected obstacles.
- Strong communication and integration skills: Ability to train, and ability to effectively communicate with customers including listening asking relevant questions, giving appropriate guidance and feedback.
- Facilitation ability is a strong component of role: Manage meetings & Conflict resolution.
- Conceptual skills: Understanding how decisions impacts projects and people.
- Works independently with only general direction and minimal supervision. Uses skills and abilities to complete complex tasks, including deciding which processes to use.
- Advocates for and positively represents other programs and services when working with customers and stakeholders.
- Show the ability to be self managed, can manage own time and prioritize work to meet timeline.
- Demonstrate ability to reason logically and provide effective solution to complex problems. Make high quality decisions based on facts and business priorities.
- Delivers products and services when and where the customer needs them. Explores options when unable to deliver a requested product or service, and pursues solutions until the customer is satisfied.
- Ensuring that the work carried out by staff is aligned with the organization's mission. How their position contributes to the mission, goals and objectives of the organization.
- Accept responsibilities for own action and demonstrate trust worthiness and high personal standard with dealing with others.
- Focus energy on activities that will achieve the greatest results.
- Understands and employs fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures relating to systems analysis and design.
- Strong understanding of process redesign including documentation of current state IT and Business processes. Ability to facilitate future state workshops with end users.
- Knowledge of business operations and in-house business systems required.
- Ability to understand IT projects and concepts as they relate to high-level business objectives, and ability to present those concepts to both IT and non-IT audiences in a concise and easily understandable manner.
- Strong knowledge of MS programs e.g. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and VISIO
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Possess thorough understanding of business analysis techniques and tools.
- Proven abilities in problem management, process analysis and root cause analysis.
- Identification with and support of the Mission and Values of Dignity Health and its Sponsors.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) for information gathering and the ability to interact with various client groups.
- Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule and meet deadlines.
Dignity Health , headquartered in San Francisco, Calif., provides integrated, patient and family centered care. It is the fifth largest health system in the country with 10,000 physicians and 55,000 employees across Arizona, California, and Nevada. Through its network of more than 150 ancillary care sites and 40 acute care hospitals, Dignity Health is committed to delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health care services with special attention to the poor and underserved. In 2011, Dignity Health provided $1.4 billion in charity care, community benefit and unreimbursed patient care. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org . Dignity Health is also on Facebook and Twitter.
Dignity Health - 11 months ago
With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career...