Customized Assistance Services is recruiting for a Social Worker to function as a Clinical Case Developer in the Disability Services Program (DSP) who will:
benefits by completing required Social Security Administration (SSA) documents; Assist
- Interview and screen clients’ to assess their potential eligibility for federal disability
potentially eligible clients to apply for federal disability benefits and/or appeal SSA denied
applications; Obtain additional relevant medical and mental health documentation to
support client’s SSA application and potential appeal.
treatment plans and consultative exam results, utilizing the Social Security
- Review and evaluate client’s medical, social, functional and employment history, medical
Administration’s (SSA) clinical criteria to establish the disability onset; evaluate level of
disability to qualify client for SSA and MA-AD benefits.
Collect and prepare current medical evidence to validate appeal status on behalf of
- Review SSA initial applications, denial reasons and accompanying documentation;
make appropriate referrals to other HRA and non-HRA services/ programs; Collaborate
- Evaluate clients’ need for ancillary services, prepare required referral documentation and
with WeCARE vendors, HASA and other programs to identify and enhance a clients’
eligibility for federal disability benefits. Field work may be needed.
SSA initial applications and appeals, to monitor and follow-up on clients’ compliance, to
- Utilize and update agency’s electronic record system to schedule clients’ appointments for
document outcomes and input assessment data.
timeframes, and document outcomes electronically; Schedule appointments for SSA
- Review mandated notices, reschedule mandated appointments within required
initial and appealed applications.
the appeal process.
- Counsel clients regarding the benefits of appointing an authorized representative during
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social work.
For those who receive certification before September 1, 2004: A valid Certified Social Worker (CSW) certificate issued by the New York State Department of Education is required.
For those who receive certification after September 1, 2004: A valid Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) must be obtained within one year of the date of appointment. Employees who fail to obtain their LCSW or LMSW within one year after appointment will automatically have their probationary periods extended for no more than six months. Failure to obtain the LCSW or LMSW by the end of 18 months of service will result in dismissal.
Must be able to conduct field visits if necessary.
Click "Apply Now Button".
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
NYC Careers - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard