Find yourself among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, nurses deliver world-class patient care in an environment where opinions are respected, professionalism is rewarded and teamwork is valued. Nurses come here to practice at the leading edge of their profession, to be an integral part of medical breakthroughs and to handle complex cases that community hospitals rarely if ever see. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- Drives innovative change in the nursing care delivery system to improve patient care.
- Assesses patient care and management.
- Participates in and guides data collection for analysis of patient care delivery and develops plans to modify as necessary.
- Develops and maintains evidence-based patient care standards to meet national standards of care.
- Assists with preparation of required records and reports for department/partnerships.
- Assists with planning of future services and program development along with analyzing new products and equipment for the care of patients.
- Master's degree in Nursing.
- 5 years clinical experience as an RN in an acute care setting.
- Most recent 2 years clinical experience in a specialty area.
- Prior orthopedics experience strongly preferred.
- Current Kansas RN license.
- CNS certification is required or must be obtained within 3 years of hire.
- Current American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or American Red Cross CPR for Professional Rescuer certification.