POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides clinical services to adolescents and their families with complex psychiatric presentations in a new, innovative intensive treatment program in both a residential and community setting. Responsible for providing services in a gender-specific, trauma-informed and relational manner with an emphasis of helping the adolescents transition to, and live successfully in, the community. Excellent collaboration with community providers and a strong family-centered approach required. Clinician will maintain a small caseload and will provide services to the adolescents both in the residential program and in the home and community as well. Some on-call and flexibility in schedule required.
- Clinical degree in social work, psychology, or other licensed-eligible counseling degree
- Bilingual/bicultural skills preferred.
- Cultural competency to serve a diverse population
- Strong diagnostic, assessment and treatment skills for individual, family and group therapy.
- Extensive experience working with culturally diverse urban populations, a wide age range, and a variety of clinical presentations.
- Knowledge of mental health, child welfare systems, and community resources.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to function autonomously in day to day responsibilities; yet, seek consultation appropriately when needed.
- Proficiency with word processing and general computer skills.
- Physically able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations. These responsibilities include but are not limited to, the ability to function safely in a therapeutic situation, including provision of services in client homes or host settings.
Village for Families & Children, Inc - 17 months ago