Fugro Consultants, in Houston Texas, is interested in hiring a CMET FIeld Technician with ACI Grade I or NICET I certification to:
- Perform standard observations and testing following preset procedures.
- Assist in complex, non-routine testing. Determine and/or obtain suitable samples for testing.
- Prepare testing reports and forms summarizing test and observation results. Discuss field observations and test results with Project Managers to ensure project execution, accuracy and timely reporting.
- Assist in carrying out the tasks associated with the Quality Program by performing equipment checks and calibrations.
- Obtain necessary field technician certifications.
- Supports the goals of the Quality Program by actively participating in reviews to verify that all activities are performed in accordance with established policies.
- Work outside in all types of weather. Must have variable schedules, able to work 14 hours or more per day, up to 70-to-80 hours per week.
- Report to work on time as directed by field services dispatcher.
- Adhere to all Fugro Consultants’ safety procedures and other company policies. Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including safety program.
- High school diploma required. Associate Degree preferred. Construction and/or materials testing experience strongly preferred.
- NICET I is desired.
- Knowledge of testing procedures and familiarity with testing equipment.
- Good communication skills, mechanical and technical skills. Good math aptitude.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Able to successfully pass physical examination, drug and alcohol screening.
- Performs field and office work exerting up to 50 pounds of force regularly and more pounds of force occasionally, or a considerable amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Able to work long hours in the field, tolerating variable weather conditions.
- Able to utilize testing equipment, able to perform equipment checks and calibrations in accordance with company procedures.
- When performing office work, able to position self at desk, use computer keyboard, AutoCAD and other software and other office equipment.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
what we offer
Fugro - 15 months ago