The CMS Developer develops media and business solutions by designing, developing and supporting web solutions for boston.com and bostonglobe.com. The CMS Developer develops functionality for the CMS, templates front-end mark-up, and collaborates on quality solutions to challenging requests and bugs. New solutions are developed in the Methode CMS using JSTL, XSL, and Java. CMS Developers must collaborate with the Solutions team, the Operations team, the Front End web developers, the Software Engineers, the Publishing team, the Business Analysts and the Project Managers.
- Reviews and influences ongoing designs, standards and methods for boston.com and bostonglobe.com
- Develops innovative media and business solutions for stable, secure, high-volume web-based applications through a standardized software development life cycle
- Committed to continually learning through actively participating in code reviews and solution demonstrations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Uses Jira to document progress , code migrations and status on work assignments and communicates these updates during daily standups
- On call support of front end solutions for boston.com and bostonglobe.com
- Provides complete technical documentation, code comments, and readable code that is properly stored in a version control system
- Possesses an intense drive to learn how to improve our core products and services
- Strong knowledge of JSTL, Java, HTML5, XML, XSL and JS libraries
- Expertise with UI/UX on a critical, large scale CMS
- Solid understanding of the behavior of web application security issues
- Ability to multi-task and grow in a fast paced development environment
- Strong analytical and communication skills
Business Information: Boston.com is the leading regional portal and one of the top news web sites in the country. For nearly fifteen years we have been and continue to be a vital web presence for Boston and New England, providing news, local information and listings, entertainment and community to over 6 million users every month. With a focus on innovation and a suite of digital products, Boston.com is committed to leading the growth of digital news and information.
The Boston Globe is wholly owned by the New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT), a leading, global multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, that includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, and related properties. The Company's core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
Boston.com is one of the most visited regional portals in the U.S. and is wholly owned by The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, that includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, About.com and related properties. The Company's core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
EEO Statement: The Boston Globe is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The Boston Globe is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
The New York Times Company - 2 years ago