Vincennes University is currently seeking a CNA/QMA Program Director/Instructor. This is a part-time position with VU and Program Director will be paid as an independent contractor, answering to the Executive Director of Business & Industry South.
This position is responsible for administrative leadership in the VU Certified Nurse Assistant classes conducted at several locations in southern and central Indiana.
The ideal individual will fulfill responsibilities for this position, which includes: arranging teaching schedules with site instructors and clinical assistants, managing necessary documentation and other records to maintain standards as mandated by the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH), and instructing classes as needed. This position has a flexible schedule including some evenings and occasional Saturdays.
The Program Director will work with the Business & Industry Coordinator, as well as C N A Instructors, to coordinate all student orientation sessions and class schedules. This position will complete registrations, and maintain all records as mandated by the ISDH. This individual will work with each class Instructor to arrange clinical experiences for students and maintain close working relations with clinical site staff and ensure that appropriate facility personnel receive schedules and objectives for each session.
The Program Director will arrange for administration of certification tests with the ISDH and the State testing agency. The Program Director will also conduct annual performance evaluations on each Instructor & teaching materials.
• Current Indiana Registered Nurse license (IC 25-23-1-1).
• Minimum of two years of licensed nurse’s experience, of which at least one year must be in the provision of long term care services.
• Documentation of completion in a course in teaching adults or a vocational teacher’s license.
• Meet requirements to complete an application for approval as a program director with the ISDH with all the required documentation.
• Maintain professional licensure as an Indiana Registered Nurse, as well as a Program Director.
• Preference will be given to candidates with current certification as a Nurse Aide Program Director/Instructor.
• Ability to work independently and supervise others.
• Ability to perform and prioritize tasks with limited supervision.
• Current clinical knowledge and maintenance of clinical skills.
• Strong commitment to student success, innovation, collaboration, and quality.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office and e-mail.
• Excellent record keeping skills, reasoning skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Exemplary communication skills with University employees, clinical site employees, and students.
• Mathematical & English language skills to administer and evaluate placement exam.
• This position may occasionally require moderate lifting and moving.
VU is committed to diversity in the college community.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for first consideration is Monday, March 4, 2013.
Vincennes University - 21 months ago