Assists acutely ill patients with activities of daily living, and assists in maintenance of a safe, clean and age appropriate environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Provides care to meet the patient/family's, physical, psychological, spiritual, social, and cultural needs with the RN/LPN's assistance. Performs, as directed, those tasks, which will assist the RN, or LPN, in providing patient care based upon the Department's standard of practice and standard of care and within the scope of the State Nurse Practice Act. Performs general clerical duties accurately and thoroughly in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- State of Alaska CNA (certified nurses aide) Certification
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider with the American Heart Association
six months of CNA experience in acute care setting
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment and be able to exert up to 100 lbs. force occasionally, and/or 50 lbs. frequently, and/or 20 lbs. constantly
HCA Inc - 18 months ago
For more than 45 years Alaska Regional has been fulfilling the medical needs of Alaskans, continually improving the scope of services and...