Performs various activities to support the provision of patient care and clerical duties under the supervision and/or direction of an ANM or Staff Nurse and assists RNs/LVNs in treatment and care of patients.
PERFORMS NUMEROUS PERSONAL CARE AND CLERICAL SERVICES TO ENSURE PATIENT'S SAFETY, COMFORT, CLEANLINESS AND TO SUPPORT PATIENT ACTIVITIES.
* Ensures patient safety and comfort while providing transfer, or assisting with mobility, from one location to another in accordance with established procedures.
* Assists with provision of good patient hygiene, including patient eliminations, in accordance with established procedures.
* Assists with the provision of proper nutrition and accurately records meal and nourishment intake, and calorie count.
* Maintains vigilance over patients' safety ensuring all safety precautions are observed (call light within reach, bed alarms used as appropriate, side rails up, bed in lowest position, seat belts in place, etc.)
* Promptly answers all patient call lights.
* Initiates, assembles and maintains patient chart/Kardex in accordance with established procedures.
* Files reports and test results correctly and in a timely manner.
* Accurately and promptly transcribes physician orders.
* Processes ordered tests, medications, procedures and appointments appropriately and coordinates appropriate transportation.
* Processes admits/transfers/discharges promptly.
ASSISTS IN PROVIDING TREATMENT AS DIRECTED TO FACILITATE QUALITY PATIENT CARE AND COMMUNICATES INFORMATION WITH APPROPRIATE PARTIES.
* Provides various treatments in accordance with unit routines and as directed within the parameters of the job description.
* Monitors and records patients' vital signs, intake and output and other measurements in accordance with unit routines and as directed.
* Monitors patients and reports patients' conditions at regular intervals and prior to completion of shift, and promptly reports any signs or symptoms of concern to appropriate party.
* Accurately records interventions according to department and unit routine.
* Reviews hospital chart to familiarize self with patient care needs.
* Informs team members of reports, orders and other information in a prompt and professional manner.
* Provides relevant information to Health Unit Coordinators cross training on the unit in a prompt and professional manner.
* Answers the telephone courteously.
* Manages the patient call system in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
* Services as an information resource to patients, staff and public consistently interacting appropriately with all ages.
PERFORMS OTHER SUPPORT DUTIES NECESSARY TO THE EFFICIENT OPERATION OF THE UNIT.
* Maintains unit equipment in good working order and notifies the appropriate parties promptly when equipment requires service or repairs.
* Cleans equipment properly and distributes based on patient needs.
* Cleans patient bedside units and nursing areas not included in general housekeeping, ensures neatness and cleanliness of patient rooms and maintains patient care items.
* Monitors supply levels and maintains par levels of non-billables, supplies, forms and patient care equipment economically.
* Assists with the timely completion and/or collection of unit forms.
PARTICIPATES IN PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT ACTIVITIES TO ENHANCE AND MAINTAIN PERSONAL AND DEPARTMENTAL QUALIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE.
* Participates in self evaluations when requested, setting realistic goals.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
Minimum six months experience preferred; healthcare experience highly desired.
H. S. Graduate/GED Equivalent required.
State of Texas Certified Nurse Assistant certification required.
Scott & White - 13 months ago