Certified Nursing Assistant - Healthcare
As a State Tested Nursing Assistant ( STNA ), you will have the unique opportunity to positively impact our residents every day. You will partner with nurses and other healthcare staff to provide the patient’s necessary medical care. In addition to providing the necessary care, you will assist residents with their daily healthcare, personal needs, safety and comfort. I f you have the vision and desire to improve today’s ever-changing healthcare environment, continue your career with Extendicare!
· Motivate and assist residents with their daily living activities while providing a positive physical, social and psychological environment
· Ensure residents receive proper personalized care as needed
· Assist with nursing functions, including taking vitals, weight and measurement
· Prepare residents for meals and assist with feeding as needed
· Communicate with nurses, residents and family members while making daily rounds
· Ensure proper healthcare documentation of resident charts
Successful State Tested Nursing Assistants want to make a difference in lives of our residents. In addition to being passionate about working with long-term care residents, you will need the following:
· Current state nursing assistant training and certification
· Comfortable rapport while interfacing with residents, families and other facility staff
· Ability to observe and chart behaviors
· Knowledge of basic medical terms
· Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
In addition to providing our employees with the tools necessary for development and success, we offer an attractive compensation and industry-leading benefits package.
· 401 ( k) and matching contributions
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· STD/LTD and life insurance
· Paid time off – personal, sick, vacation and holiday
· Employee-assistance program – employees and dependents
Career Growth – Extendicare regularly promotes from within. Our employees regularly transfer facilities and grow into regional and corporate positions.
Support and Resources – Assistance and support is always available from the regional and corporate level to ensure your success.
Training – We invest in you! Training and continuing education are encouraged to promote skill development.
Great people are our greatest strength! APPLY now!