About Banner Health Corporate
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. With locations in Phoenix, Mesa and Sun City, Ariz. and Greeley, Colo., we offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you’ll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “ Best Places to Work ” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position provides a variety of client support functions which contribute to the overall improvement in clients’ healthcare quality of life as well as efficient use of resources. Provides client care to promote client comfort and contribute to the overall client plan of care. This position is primarily focused on being a client advocate, cheerleader and support to the client and family. This position is responsible for on-going client data collection and documentation in the medical record.
- Reinforce client’s care plan and discharge instructions, medication adherence, vital sign data collection as needed and use of in home IAC tools.
- Provides self-management support. Including but not limited to: using checklists and escalating as prescribed by protocols, promoting healthy behaviors, imparting problem-solving skills, and assisting with the emo¬tional impact of chronic illness, providing regular follow up and encouraging people to be active participants in their care.
- Applies the skills of motivational interviewing to promote the above lifestyle changes. Provides emotional support by showing interest, inquiring about emotional issues, showing compassion and teaching compassion.
- Assists patients in navigating the health care system by connecting the client with resources, facilitating support and empowering the patient.
- Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the client’s health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
- Conducts client home environment checklist, provides list of gaps to licensed professional and works with the health care team to coordinate to close gaps/issues. Bridges gaps between the client and the clinical team including but not limited to following up with clients, asking about needs and obstacles, and addressing health literacy, cultural issues and social-class barriers.
- Reinforces activities of daily living and completes necessary tasks to promote client health, including maintaining an optimum level of mobility.
High school diploma or equivalent. Must possess diverse clinical knowledge and technology aptitude as normally obtained through the completion of a Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant or Community Health Worker program or Nursing students completing the first year of training.
Current C.N.A., CHW, or M.A. license in state of practice may be required in certain facilities and/or departments in accordance with regulatory requirements or facility/department policy. Working knowledge of medical terminology. Requires the maintenance of familiarity with clinical care processes and clinical technology and Electronic Medical Records.
Must have highly developed interpersonal and critical thinking skills with the ability to prioritize needs rapidly. This position requires the ability to convey messages and thoughts clearly to a diverse audience, using both verbal and written mediums. Requires the ability to promote change among patients. Responsible, caring and respect for older persons. Requires the ability to coordinate information and activities, work under stress of deadlines and frequent interruptions, and to possess analytical problem solving skills. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Computer literacy and keyboarding skills is required. Must be proficient in the use of system office applications. Must possess a basic understanding of integrated clinical systems. Provide own transportation, required to posses a valid driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under the company’s auto insurance policy.
Current BLS certification. Recent healthcare experience. Previous motivational interviewing skills preferred. Multilingual a plus.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 24 months ago
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.