Provides quality personal care to residents under direct supervision of a licensed nurse, within the scope of established CNA practice. Contributes to and supports a person centered, individualized care environment with emphasis on building meaningful relationships. Provides quality personal care assistance to residents with activities of daily living including bathing, dressing, eating, toileting and transportation, etc., demonstrating sensitivity to resident comfort and privacy . Performs restorative and rehabilitative procedures as directed within the scope of CNA practice. Ensures residents’ rights are respected and maintained at all times by complying with residents’ rights policies . Responds in a timely manner to resident and family request for assistance.
- Must be listed as active and in good standing on the State of Maine CNA Registry.
- Certification from accredited Medication Technician Program (CMT) required .
- BLS certification is preferred.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED); t echnical training beyond high school .
- 12 hours of relevant continuing education required annually to maintain CNA registration .
- 1 year of CNA experience is preferred.
MaineGeneral Health's mission is to enhance, every day, the health of the people in the greater Kennebec Valley.