Certified Nursing Assistant required
Minimum 1 year experience preferred
Provides quality personal care to residents under direct supervision of a licensed nurse, within the scope of established CNA practice. Contributes to and supports a person centered, individualized care environment with emphasis on building meaningful relationships. Administers medication by the oral, topical, inhalation, eye or ear routes with the exception of Schedule II drugs and oral chemotherapy agents . Adheres to accepted practice and facility protocols for medication administration. Ensures residents’ rights, care and dignity are adhered to at all times. Completes and maintains required documentation of resident records and charts adhering to facility policies to ensure accuracy of resident care.
- Must be listed as active on the State of Maine CNA Registry
- Certification from accredited Medication Technician Program (CMT) required
- BLS is preferred
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
- Technical training beyond high school
- 12 hours of relevant continuing education required annually to maintain CNA registration
- 1 year or more of experience is preferred
MaineGeneral Health's mission is to enhance, every day, the health of the people in the greater Kennebec Valley.