Position Overview and Summary:|
The Digital Product Manager is charged to help develop and grow CNBC’s digital products. The Product Manager must enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer needs, and help find innovative solutions for the broader market. Through market and customer insights as well as their industry experience, they will help improve CNBC offerings, increase usage levels and engagement rates. They must have a passion for creating a world-class user experience within the products they are working on.
The Product Manager must be able to help drive the growth of CNBC’s digital properties. S/he will define & write product release requirements, conduct competitive benchmarking, leverage customer research & other data, write product solution whitepapers, and work with Marketing, Research, Business Development and Finance to help define go-to-market strategies.
- Day-to-day management of new and existing CNBC Digital products:
- Define new product requirements and enhancements and drive their implementation; prioritize product bugs & issues for correction
- Monitor key performance indicators, report on health of a given product against goals, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Focus on the tactical activities of a integrating with other CNBC products (working with fellow product managers, project managers, developers, etc.)
- Work with marketing and business development to promote content for perspective partners
- Research emerging technologies and market dynamics to identify new business opportunities for the products
- Conduct competitive analyses of similar and potentially disruptive digital product offerings of other financial media companies
- Gather/collate/present customer feedback/voice of the customer on our existing and new products
- Execute on go-to-market plans, working with other product managers & all supporting departments. Qualifications/Requirements • Must have a Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
- 5+ years of digital product management / software marketing experience, preferably in the financial markets or media industries
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written. The ability to break down a complex concept in a clear and concise manner to champion opportunity with team members and to report out to CNBC leadership
- Knowledge of web technologies a plus.
- Ability to produce accurate, timely and actionable research information
- Ideal candidate is resourceful, self-starting.
- Adaptability and ability to work in a fast-paced real-time environment with rapid changes in focus
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job#: 2140BR).
- Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States Desired Characteristics • Knowledge and use of financial sites, online, mobile and enterprise terminals a plus
- Knowledge of news feeds and their prevalent taxonomies a plus.
- Interest and experience in finance/investing industry a plus.
- Aggressive self-starter
- Collaborative / Ability to get along with others
- Outgoing & personable
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of...