CNC Machine Operator – Setup & Operator
Sets up and operates numeric or computer numeric controlled machine performing turning, boring, milling, drilling, reaming, tapping and other functions. Familiarity with various materials including but not limited to Bronze, Carbon Steel, Plastic and other alloys. Preset tools for production and installs them into machine touching-off all tools, make offset changes. Review and load programs and set machine controls according to SOP, installs any fixturing. Responsible for product quality including preliminary check required for first piece approval and on-going quality check to maintain process control. Makes machine offset and tooling adjustments as required to maintain quality. Maintains a safe work environment at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up production machines from blueprints, work orders, operational sheets, operation manuals and/or verbal instructions.
- Performs necessary sharpening, setting and/or replacement of tooling.
- Performs troubleshooting of mechanical and electronic controls .
- Assists in preparation of programs for modification to existing and new products .
- Maintains tolerances within the capabilities of the machine .
- Maintains Key Performance Indicator charts and other quality control records .
- Assists in training of lower-level CNC Operators .
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- GED or High School Diploma, technical 2-year degree preferred.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Must have formal CNC training certificate or minimum of five years of experience operating and maintaining CNC machines.
- Basic reading, writing, shop math and comprehension s kills.
- Ability to read and comprehend customer specification sheets, blue prints.
- Ability to read and comprehend geometric tolerances .
- Proven capabilities in using basic gauging equipment (micrometers, calipers), CMM experience preferred .
- Strong computer operation and CNC programming skills .
Mueller Systems - 17 months ago
Mueller Systems provides Smart Metering solutions to optimize the delivery and use of energy and water. Municipalities that supply...