Performs machine setups on all CNC equipment to insure quality and the most efficient production process. Responds to problems with machinery and make repairs that are necessary to keep production on line. Performs and records quality assurance checks on parts to insure precise production. Makes offset adjustments and changes inserts when needed. Maintains accurate production reports. Provide direction and training for all machinists. Cleans around machines to insure a safe work environment.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
1. Runs all manual and production equipment with no direction.
2. Makes offsets and changes inserts with no direction.
3. Able to read and edit CNC programs.
4. Ability to identify cause of tool failure along with the ability to correct it.
5. Performs all duties in the most cost efficient and cost effective manner.
6. Improves efficiencies whenever practical.
7. Operates assigned machine and maintains production objectives.
8. Performs all duties in the most cost efficient and cost effective manner.
9. Inspects and keeps an accurate count of parts.
10. Performing machine setups as required on just CNC lathes or just CNC Mills depending on the area person is specialized in.
11. Performs measuring activities with precision measuring equipment in conjunction with machining operations.
12. Cleans machine periodically to maintain proper operation.
13. Consistently maintains green light and efficiency objectives.
14. Performs machine shut down procedures at the end of shift as required.
15. Accurately records labor hours and quantity of parts produced.
16. Maintains a clean and safe work area.
17. Performs all duties in a safe, efficient manner and observes all appropriate Company safety regulations.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Graduation from high school plus completion of a two-year program in machining or equivalent on the job training. OJT must be 3 years or more.
Experience and Skills Required:
1. At least two years of recent related machine shop experience which includes the following skills and abilities:
2. Considerable knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in machining operations.
3. Considerable knowledge of the manufacturing production process machines.
4. Considerable knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions.
5. Considerable knowledge of basic measuring skills in a production environment.
6. Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.