Odyssey Aerospace Components – Machine Shop (OACMS) is a privately held company established to provide turn-key VIP interiors and components for business jet aircraft. Odyssey was acquired by Greenpoint Technologies in 2011.
Founded in 2008, OACMS manufactures custom cabinetry interiors for original equipment manufacturers (OEM), completion centers, private clients and corporations. Listening to customers and focusing on their requirements is the method in which Odyssey tailors their interiors to meet their goals.
The manufacturing and machining facilities are in Denton, Texas, core of the VIP interiors industry, and employ talented technicians and cabinetry artisans. The facilities are minutes away from the Denton Municipal Airport and 30 miles from Dallas Fort Worth International Airport.
Operate CNC machines to produce parts per customer order in a timely and efficient fashion ensuring quality standards are attained. This position is for 2nd shift. The hours are 3:30 pm to 11 pm, Monday through Friday.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Read and interpret blueprints
• Manage multiple machines
• Follow safe operating procedures in the use of all tools and equipment
• Perform part inspections
• Wear safety equipment as required and comply with safety guidelines and procedures
• Produce a quality product consistently
• Properly maintains shop tools and equipment
• Maintain a neat organized work area and help with the general daily housekeeping of the department
• Meet target hours and complete schedules as set by Supervision
• Work overtime as required
• Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Odyssey Core Competencies
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, and keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
• Initiative - Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
• Work Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety – You observe safety and security procedures, you determine appropriate action beyond guidelines, you use equipment and materials properly, and you report potentially unsafe conditions.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
• Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent with demonstrated skills. Experience may substitute providing it is related and of sufficient duration to be of equivalent.
• 3 years CNC Machining experience.
• Must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee in compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to communicate in English
• Ability to select and work with proper tools for job task
• Ability to prioritize and manage time
• Able to climb and work on step stools and/or ladders.
• Able to lift 70 lbs. without assistance / Able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
• Able to reach overhead.
• Able to work in a non-dust free environment.
• Normal or corrected vision (required to perform exacting tasks).
• Full range of motion with both hands.
• Can work in stooping, kneeling, standing position and in cramped areas.
Odyssey Aerospace Components – Machine Shop is an AA/EEO and a Drug-Free Workplace. To see all open positions for Odyssey (OAC) go to our website http://odysseyaero.com/index.html and click Careers.
Greenpoint Technologies - 14 months ago