Be a part of a global company dedicated to its Customers!
John Crane is seeking an outstanding CNC Machinist III on the (2nd shift) to join our team in Morton Grove, Illinois. John Crane designs and manufactures seals and associated products for the oil & gas, chemical, pharmaceutical, pulp & paper and mining sectors. Since the company’s founding more than 90 years ago, John Crane has become the acknowledged global leader in its field with approximately 20 manufacturing sites and more than 6,000 employees located in 50 countries.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY:
- Set up and operate one or more of the following machines: CNC multitasking machining centers, CNC multitasking lathes, CNC lathes, 3/4/5-axis CNC machining centers, drill press, and /or various secondary equipment. May be required to operate multiple machines simultaneously.
- Primary duties are CNC 5-axis mill (Machining Center).
- Utilize knowledge of working properties and machining processes for a wide variety of materials such as stainless steels, duplex stainless steels, Monels, Hastelloys and other nickel alloys, cast iron, carbon steel, bronze, etc. May be required to grind own tools for special requirements.
- Work from factory work orders, routings, drawings, process drawings & layout sheets, written or verbal instructions.
- Perform significant program edits to G-code CNC programs.
- Inspect work produced, including 1st piece inspection, using micrometers, bore gauges, vernier calipers, or other measuring instruments including CMMs to verify conformance to specifications. Maintain tolerances as close as 0.0005”.
- Follow preventative maintenance procedures on equipment as prescribed by the supervisor and report operating difficulties of equipment.
- Assist CNC Operator I and CNC Operator II with setup and troubleshooting as required. Train and instruct other employees when requested.
- Make proper labor and time reports.
- Keep machine clean and well lubricated and work area orderly.
- Perform duties in accordance with company policies.
- Take a proactive approach to continuous improvement including productivity, quality, safety, environmental and ergonomics.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education: Requires knowledge equivalent to school education, ability to read and interpret component prints or drawings, make average to complicated arithmetic calculations, and resolve elementary technical problems.
Experience: Requires a minimum of 5 years of previous work experience on CNC equipment doing comparable work Experience in operating Okuma, Mazak, Haas, and Hitachi Seiki machines is an advantage.
John Crane offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible full-time employees. Relocation assistance may be offered for candidates located in the US. EOE M/F/D/V.
John Crane - 24 months ago