Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
The CNC Machinist is proficient at operating several types of CNC machines and controllers. Also, machines a variety of different family of parts and able to set up machine parts from blueprints without supervision. The individual in this role should be consistently at or below standard hours for a job with little or no rework. Write simple CNC programs. Knowledgeable on statistical process control and maintain run charts. Knowledgeable on machine Operating effectiveness and efficiency (OEE) and maintains OEE measures for machine. This is a second shift position.
- Set up, and operate a variety of manual machines and a variety of CNC machines and controls as required to perform a series of intricate and complex machining operations to produce a variety of different family of parts.
- Able to set up irregular shaped castings and obtain optimal material on all surfaces with little or no supervision.
- Able to write simple CNC programs.
- Remove burrs and hand finish machined components.
- Proficient and use a variety of precision inspection instruments to verify machined components meet engineering drawing geometric tolerances.
- Safely operate cranes, fork lifts, and material handling equipment in the movement and set up of machined components.
- Perform all required quality checks and maintain lot and serial traceability. Perform operation in the proper sequence and sign off routing sheets upon completion of an operation. Comply with applicable quality procedures.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations. Maintain a safe work area. Identify and report unsafe conditions to supervisor or HS&E manger. Participate in risk assessments. .
- Participate in Process Excellence projects and obtain yellow belt certification.
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries. Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Environment. Rolls Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.
High School Diploma, 3 years of experience in machining industry
Requires knowledge of machining methods, cutting qualities of metals and
Ability to read and understand blueprints
Ability to properly utilize precision measuring equipment
Ability to obtain security clearance through US Department of Defense
Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Experience with 5 axis CMM
Rolls-Royce - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...