The CNC Programmer develops programs for computer-based, numerically controlled machine shop equipment performing unique and innovative operations for 3, 4, and 5 axis CNC vertical and horizontal machining centers. Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a CNC machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Plans machining by studying blueprints and material specifications; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Performs first time set-ups to ensure tooling and program design is efficient as possible
- Works with tooling designers to create work holdings and fixtures which can reduce cycle times and improve part’s finish and quality.
- Selection of proper tooling, speeds, feeds, depth/angle of cut, for optimum material removal on very complex, tight tolerance components
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of- tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required
- Thorough understanding of CNC operations focusing on reducing cost, improving quality and increasing throughput.
- Experience programming using the following controllers: Fanuc, Okuma, Mazak, Brother, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
- Ability to manage, develop and/or modify CNC programs and detail setup sheet documentation, providing tooling, jig and fixture designs to support the necessary setups.
- Ability to create drawings using blueprints to program from, create programs using IGES files and solid models, and know how to select the proper cutting tools for the part and /or material to be cut
- Ability to update, revise and produce programs, tool lists and job set-up sheets for Machining Department
- Ability to generate, read and interpret drawings
- Must possess strong computer knowledge and be familiar with standard desktop software including Gibbs and Pro E.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify and address CNC machine issues related to the product quality
- Experience in use of calipers, micrometers, optical comparators, height gauges, etc.
Fox Racing Shox - 9 months ago
Compass Diversified Holdings helps niche companies navigate their way toward profitability. The holding company owns controlling stakes in...