We are seeking a CNC Technician to join the Ortho team on 3rd shift (Sunday - Thursday 11pm - 7am). The successful candidate will be required to train on a first shift (Monday - Friday 7am-3pm) for a period of time.
This position will be responsible for:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, manipulate small clips and controls, etc. Good visual acuity is required for this job. Requirements include close visual inspection, whether with the naked eye or aided with magnifying instruments. This position requires an associate to stand on their feet 100% of the time.
- Operating blade processing equipment, which includes; building tooling, setting up machine, modifying programs within scope of product, inserting parts into fixtures, cycling the machine, adjusting locations using machine controls and adjustment of tooling/fixturing components.
- Performing quality checks on sharpened parts using hand tools, gauges, microscopes and computerized equipment.
- Making adjustments on machine specific software.
- Performing machine set-ups to accommodate different part sizes and dimensions.
- Packing sharpened blades into customer-provided materials, when necessary.
- Entering correct job information (part counts, measurement data, completion of tasks) correctly into manufacturing software.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, and performing all job tasks based on the blueprint information and/or manufacturing work order.
- Assisting other machine operators and work with a team-oriented attitude.
- Maintaining a clean and safe workspace.
- Identifying and communicating suggestions for continuous improvement.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Experience in machine operation, machine set-up, and tooling/fixturing
- Experience with quality tools such as gauges, hand tools, microscopes and computerized equipment.
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints
- Experience entering information/data into the manufacturing software system
Cadence, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, disability, 401(k) plan, and an incentive plan. If you are interested in applying for this position, please click "Apply for this job" at the bottom of the webpage.
APPLICATION TIP: Candidates will be screened based on how well they meet the criteria defined above, as well as their responses submitted on the application. Candidates are encouraged to be as specific/detailed as possible regarding their experience and skill set. Other considerations will include the employee's job performance in their current role and overall attitude and alignment with company values/desired employee attributes. Internal candidates with at least 6 months of service in their current position and current shift will be given preference, as detailed in the Recruitment Policy (page 21 in Employee Handbook).
Cadence, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.