NATURAL GROCERS BY VITAMIN COTTAGE
Title: Nutrition Education - Employee Nutrition-Education Training Specialist
Employment Classification: Full-time Regular Employee/Exempt
Reports To: Executive Vice President and Manager of Nutrition Education
Location: Home Office
The Employee Nutrition-Education Training Specialist is responsible for developing and creating a nutrition-education training program for all non-NHC NGVC employees. The position is responsible for creating all training materials for the program.
Although this is a general outline of job responsibilities all employees are expected to be “hands on” and do whatever it takes to get the job done and help the company thrive.
- Develops and manages the NGVC Employee nutrition-education training program and materials to include:
- Employee nutrition training segment of monthly Hotline meetings
- NHC train-the-trainer roll out of monthly nutrition training segment of monthly Hotline meetings
- Monthly “Take 15” nutrition-education employee trainings
- Employee sales contest training
- Other employee nutrition-education trainings as required
- Coordinates with the video production department to ensure final product is approved and submitted by required deadlines for Hotline trainings
- Partners with nutrition education department team to ensure employee training content is consistent with other training materials and effectively supports company philosophies
- Other writing and research projects for the Nutrition Education Department as assigned, which may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Researches current industry political issues and creates content for political campaign centers in the stores
- Writes new and updates Customer Literature files
- Collects and edits recipes, provides the nutrition label content information, and writes captions for the NGVC annual calendar
- Researches answers for customer service questions pertaining to nutrition and/or food quality as requested by the NGVC Customer Service Representative
- Writes new and updates NHC training material
- Writes new and updates Customer Coaching Session Documents
Education and Insurance Requirements:
The Nutrition Writer and Researcher is required to have a degree/certification innutrition or a related field (e.g., dietetics, masters in biology, masters in biochemistry, naturopathy) from a college or university accredited by a regional and/or national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as reliable, or from a college or university accredited by the Canadian government. Additionally, the school must hold higher education approval from the state commission.
This position requires writing experience.
Proof of education must be submitted at time of application. Continuing education, if required to maintain degree/certification, must be fulfilled throughout tenure of employment. Proof of maintenance of degree/certification must be submitted as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in nutrition or related field
- Minimum 1 year of applicable nutrition related experience
- Experience developing and delivering nutrition-education related training curriculum
- Demonstrated ability to present training effectively to various sized audiences
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff
- Skilled at researching nutrition topics with an understanding of related copyright laws
- Experience with writing and editing; excellent attention to detail and proofreading to ensure quality delivery of final product
- Highly organized; has the ability to prioritize multiple tasks requiring deadlines
- Has impeccable follow-up and follow-through skills to meet company deadlines
- Has the ability to act independently and autonomously with little supervision
- Works well under stress with interruptions and deadlines
- Mustbe self-motivated with a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to tolerate prolonged sitting and viewing of a computer screen. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not an employment contract. It does not guarantee a job or that the above listed duties are the limit of responsibilities. The job and job description are subject to change with and without notice. Employees are required to accomplish any and all tasks assigned to him/her by their Manager and/or other Home Office managers that my not be listed in this job description.
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage - 19 months ago