CO-STORE MANAGER - Stanford University Bookstore (#670) |
Business Unit: Higher Education Group
Location: CALIFORNIA (STANFORD)
Requisition Number: fheg-00008998
Job Type: Regular
Business Unit Profile:
Follett Higher Education We help institutions, administrators, faculty and students achieve a shared goal: to fully realize the powerful benefits of higher education. From a community college to a state university, the heartland to the inner city, the East Coast to the West, across the United States and Canada, the needs and requirements of higher learning institutions are as unique as the students they teach. Providing course materials and management services for both local operations and online stores, we are higher education's leading campus retailer and largest wholesaler. Anchored by an assortment of products and services driving access and affordability - including Rent-A-Text and our digital textbook platform CafeScribe - Follett Higher Education Group continues to see growth across our channels, evolving our bookstores of today to the campus stores of tomorrow. Internet. Please visit our website to learn more at www.fheg.follett.com
Co-Store Manager - Stanford University Bookstore (#670)
Location: Stanford, CA
Reporting to the Store Director, this role manages all operational functions of a large volume college bookstore including, ensuring service levels, employment, supervision and development of store staff, driving sales and maintaining inventory records and related matters to meet financial goals. Coordinates sales promotions, book signings, and directs associates preparing merchandise displays, store layout, and advertising copy. Oversees and approves the ordering of books and merchandise. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures related to Store security, the staff and merchandise. Interfaces with students, faculty, staff, and school administrators ensuring excellent campus relations, and resolves complaints and escalated issues in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Supervises the daily operations and activities of assigned staff including, hiring, onboarding, communications, training, schedules and ensuring that company and store policies, procedures and standards are followed. When necessary, handles disciplinary issues, including writing corrective action plans and administering terminations.
- Provides input on budget estimates for the year. Analyzes store financials to determine store and department performance and develops strategy to improve sales. Makes determination of markdowns and write-offs in partnership with store leadership.
- Ensures front end and back office functions are performed in an accurate and timely manner. Monitors cash procedures, payables and receivables. Analyzes data and prepares reports for Store Manager and the Home Office.
- Resolves service issues and provides exemplary customer service.
- Prepares and implements detailed plans for each department including scheduling, budgets, floor plans, and seasonal coverage. Reviews work schedule and ensures adequate store coverage. Plans logistics for store projects, events and programs.
- Leads efforts to reduce in-store shrink activity through Loss Prevention education, awareness and compliance.
- May engage in general duties to maintain store appearance and neat, clean and orderly standards and/or to ensure continued operations.
- May work on renovation projects, store reorganizations, new store openings, and store closings. May respond to managerial or Home Office requests for special reports, information, or for help on special projects. Manages assigned projects such as store special promotions, special displays or off-site selling events or other events. May occasionally interacts with campus contact or other influential campus personnel.
- Develops inventory plans with the store leadership to maintain proper levels to meet customer demand.
- Manages the visual presentation of the store to create an exciting shopping environment for customers. Fill in for the Store Manager / Director or other store associates as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years previous experience in retail store management and people management; bookstore experience preferred
- An Associate Degree or equivalent experience required. A Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong aptitude for financials preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and customer outreach
- Administrative skills and safe cash handling procedures
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence a team
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; computer literacy
- Experience using computers (i.e., POS systems, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and the Internet)
Located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of Silicon Valley, Stanford University is recognized as one of the world's leading research and teaching institutions. Leland and Jane Stanford founded the University to "promote the public welfare by exercising an influence on behalf of humanity and civilization." Stanford opened its doors in 1891, and more than a century later, it remains dedicated to finding solutions to the great challenges of the day and to preparing our students for leadership in today's complex world. (www.stanford.edu)
We value people and it shows in everything we do. That is why we offer a competitive salary and a benefits program designed to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Benefits eligibility depends on employment status, location, and other variables.
To learn more about Follett Higher Education Group career opportunities and benefit offerings, please visit us on the web at http://www.fheg.follett.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Follett Corporation - 18 months ago