This position will support the Section of Critical Care Medicine:
1. Provide coding support to the Section of Critical Care Medicine as required from information supplied by physician and/or patient records.
2. Maintain logs for charge capture process for all billings; sedation, daily care, etc.
3. Upon completion of coding, ensure correct charge entry process.
4. Maintain strong knowledge of NextGen EPM to ensure correct charge entry. Meet the standards set for charge entry.
5. Work closely with physicians to ensure timely submission of billing forms to allow for coding and charge entry timely to meet the 0-3 lag initiative.
6. Educate physicians as to what documentation is required to support their coding and ensure that they are capturing all coding possibilities.
7. Prepare written bulletins to the physicians as changes in CPT and ICD-9 coding is published as it pertains to their specialty.
8. Assist in developing and updating fee slips as required to ensure compliance and latest CPT/ICD changes.
9. Work with Director and other Coders to review coding for new services and/or procedures prior to institution of such to ensure the ability to bill and collect.
10. Work with Director and RCM staff to provide assistance with claim rejection.
11. Other duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities:
Requires a working knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy is mandatory. Excellent coding skills and experience in coding surgical subspecialty cases, evaluation and management coding and anesthesia cases. Excellent working knowledge of ICD-9, CPT and HCPCS. Must have good time management and communication skills. Strong PC skills. Proven background as to how coding functions interrelates to billing and reimbursement for a professional practice plan.
Training & Education:
Applicant must have demonstrated coding skills. Current certification as a Certified Procedural Coder (CPC).
6 months coding experience with working knowledge of NextGen Charge entry process preferred.
Certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
483-SCHC Pediatric - Philadelphia, PA
Shift begin time
Shift end time
Tenet Healthcare - 4 months ago