This is a paid college student intern or Co-Op position that supports the Public Relations Department with research, project planning, media clips, writing and photography. This position is temporary; LCEC employee benefits are not available to interns in this position.
Perform the following duties in a self-directed environment:
• Conduct various Internet research related to current or upcoming projects.
• Assist with writing and photography for internal and external newsletters, media and social media.
• Assist with various organizational projects relating to departmental functions.
• Assist with special assignments in support of strategic priorities and initiatives and community involvement projects.
• Maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers at all levels within LCEC. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding during all interpersonal contacts. Provide current and accurate information to all requesters, courteously and in a timely manner.
• Self-directed work ethic.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Writing experience.
• Proficiency in Internet usage and basic computer skills.
• Proficiency in Social Media.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Personable and willing to interview internal and external customers.
• Public relations or communications course completion.
• Proficiency in Microsoft computer programs.
• Photography skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 20 pounds and work under somewhat stressful deadlines.
• Work Environment: Office and occasional field work.
Please note that at the time a candidate is made a job offer, the candidate will be subject to a drug test and background check.