Athens Services has been providing Solid Waste Collection and Recycling services in Southern California for over 50 years. We are family-owned and operated, offering a variety of state-of-the-art services, including automated waste and recycling collection, green waste recycling programs, organics recycling, transfer and materials recovery, storage box rentals and street and parking lot sweeping services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
COMMERCIAL STREET SWEEPER / PORTER
We are currently seeking a Commercial Street Sweeper /Porter to service Orange County cities in the most professional way. Street Sweepers/Porters are responsible for sweeping along street curb safely according to all federal, state and local regulations. Our Street Sweepers/Porters must also be able to communicate professionally with customers, dispatchers and supervisors. Street Sweepers/Porters are mandated to complete commercial driver logs, reports and vehicle inspections daily, while complying with all local, state and federal transportation regulations and within company policies.
As an industry leader, we offer a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package, including medical, dental and 401K. No relocation and/or visa sponsorship assistance is available. For immediate consideration, please apply now thru Monster.com.
- Work in an outdoor environment.
- Drive sweeping machine that cleans streets of trash and other accumulations by activating and controlling the rotary brushes and water spray so that machine automatically picks up dust and trash from paved street and deposits it in dirt trap at rear of machine.
- Plan daily schedule based on customers needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Operations Manager, Route Supervisor or Dispatcher.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Operations Manager, Route Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
- Ensure waste, supplies and material handling equipment is secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
- Ensure that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately and completely and returned to Operations Manager, Route Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing. Ensure DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day. Report any maintenance problems to supervisor for follow-up.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading and unloading vehicle.
- High school diploma or education equivalent to graduation from high school. Completion of an accredited driving school, or three or more years of Commercial Driving experience required.
- Commercial driver license (to operate a Sweeper) or a Class C driver license for a porter position – both positions require an excellent driving record; it’s a MUST.
- 21 years of age or older to operate a company vehicle on public roads.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, background and motor vehicle records check and Department of Transportation Physical.
Athens Services is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity. Drug testing is a condition of employment.
Monster - 17 months ago