Requirements include a B.A. or B.S. degree in Business, Engineering, Material Management or Supply Chain Management, 7-10 years of steel and materials related commodity management related experience. Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft suite of products. Experience in ERP/MRP programs a plus. Must be solution driven, demonstrate and understand lean principles, analytical and problem solving ability to evaluate strategic and tactical options and their potential impact on the organization. To be successful, candidate must have project management and problem solving skills, supplier management skills and the ability to work and effectively communicate cross functionally at all levels of the company and suppliers. Must have the ability to fully understand key market and business drivers that will deliver successful commodity strategies to sustain supply chain continuity. A background within a heavy product industry such as automotive, trucks, trains, material handling, or aerospace would be a good fit. The position requires domestic and international travel. CPIM, CRP or Six Sigma certification would be desirable.
- Conduct and complete market tests, RFQ’s, CR’s and PRI’s to support operations.
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the value chain pursuant to creating sustainable competitive advantage and achieving lowest total cost.
- Implement sourcing strategies to control the company’s purchased material costs and to assure an adequate and appropriate source of supply.
- Understand, track, and forecast the key cost drivers and market factors.
- Develop strategies to include spend analysis, market and geographic considerations, strategic importance, targeted technologies, risk management, a continuous total cost of ownership focus, and provide a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Locate, analyze, and develop a consolidated supplier base to meet current/future needs, with “Best in Class” focus.
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers.
- Support and manage supplier performance ratings for QCDM metrics.
- Ensure company and supplier alignment in key business strategies such as product and technology roadmaps, process capability roadmaps, supply chain trends, and business initiatives.
- Negotiate and implement performance contracts with key strategic suppliers.
- Identify, collect and distribute economic data pertinent to commodity managed. Leverage this information to drive consensus across the organization on hedging and price locking decisions.
- Strong technical expertise in the steel market, including a strong understanding of metallurgy.
- Self-starter with high degree of motivation who can operate with minimal supervision. A closer that gets the job done.
Business at The Raymond Corporation is picking up, literally. The company manufactures electric material-handling equipment, including fork...