The Center for Clean Air Policy (CCAP) is seeking to engage an experienced consultant, to be based in Asia. Since 1985, CCAP has been a recognized world leader in climate and air quality policy and is the only independent, non-profit think-tank working exclusively on those issues at the local, national and international levels. CCAP helps policymakers around the world to develop, promote and implement innovative, market-based solutions to major climate, air quality and energy problems that balance both environmental and economic interests.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Consultant will be an integral contributor to CCAP’s cornerstone project, the Mitigation Action Implementation Network (MAIN) . Through dialogues/workshops, video conferences, research and on-the-ground policy assistance, MAIN is focused on helping developing countries develop Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) to reduce greenhouse gases and promote sustainable development. Key responsibilities include:
- Work with host country to help CCAP identify and develop 3 NAMAs that could be finance-ready in the next 12-15 months in the Target Countries i.e. Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand and Malaysia
- Work with host country to design NAMA by conducting and/or overseeing technical, economic and policy analyses to support and inform the NAMA.
- Help CCAP prepare a full-fledged NAMA proposal for at least one of the 3 NAMAs
- Engage with a wide-range of stakeholders in the Asian region in order to promote CCAP’s NAMAs and climate policy vision
The Consultant should have:
Designing country investment plans on behalf of financial institution
Designing large scale loan facilities or investments for infrastructure projects in the clean energy, urban transport or waste management sectors
Managing climate change project and investment portfolio (carbon funds acceptable but not necessary)
Developing PPP-style financing programs in the clean energy, urban transport or waste management sectors
- Worked in or with international or regional development banks such as the Asian Development Bank, World Bank, International Finance Corporation, KfW, EIB etc. as a Specialist in at least two of the Target Countries on one or more of the following activities:
- Demonstrated expertise in at least two of the following sectors–renewable energy,energy efficiency, waste, or transport,;
- Experience in one or more of the target countries in preparing techno-economic feasibility studies, by engaging local consultants/experts when necessary, with a view to designing a financing or business plan for a NAMA;
- Existing relationships with staff or analyst-level government officials in few of the relevant ministries (environment, energy, transport, finance etc.) in at least two of the Target Countries
- Ability to engage with high-level officials from governments, financial institutions and the private sector to advance NAMAs and CCAP’s finance policy vision;
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience bringing major deliverables to completion in a team environment with minimal oversight;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English with the ability to write for both policy and analytic audiences, and present at conferences;
- Functional knowledge of various financial mechanisms, trends in international finance and solutions to overcome specific financial barriers and/or influence policy barriers;
Applications, including a cover letter describing your qualifications, your resume (in Word or PDF format), and one writing sample (containing quantitative or technical analysis including spreadsheet, if possible) should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please also reference where you learned of the position. In order to expedite the internal sorting and reviewing process, please type “Consultant, MAIN-Asia” and your name (Last, First) as the only contents in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please.
Center for Clean Air Policy - 10 months ago
Since 1985, CCAP has been a recognized world leader in climate and air quality policy and is the only independent, non-profit think-tank...