The position’s main responsibility is that of performing repairs to the containers and chassis. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two (2) years of experience in container / trailer / chassis maintenance and repair
Knowledge of methods, techniques, and procedures involved in maintenance, repairs, and replacement
Should posses basic knowledge and use of hand held computers
Basic welding experience
Must be able to read, write, and speak basic English
Must be able to accurately process alpha/numeric information.
Ability to work extended hours, weekends, holidays, as needed
Ability to work with limited supervision and strong initiative
Organizational and time management skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to think logically and make sound decisions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Repairs or replaced the landing gear on the bugsby or chassis.
- Assembles the neck, rear-end and L-beam structures on the chassis for replacement or repair.
- Disassembles, repairs, and replaces the axels on the bugsby or chassis.
- Disassembles, repairs, and replaces the brake system on the bugsby or chassis.
- Performs all welding duties as required during repairs or parts assembly.
orms chassis inspections to ensure chassis is in compliance with DOT regulations.
- Safely operates a forklift.
- Delivers and retrieves twist locks to vessels.
- Must maintain a clean work area, free of debris or safety hazards.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- The employee is continuously required to stand, walk, grasp, talk, hear and use eye-hand coordination.
- The employee is frequently required to lift, carry and push/ pull up to 30lbs.
- The employee is frequently required to climb, bend forward, squat, kneel, twist, reach forward and pinch
- The employee is frequently required to use repetitive wrist motion and finger dexterity.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, crawl, and reach overhead.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift, carry and push/pull up to 50lbs.
- The employee is occasionally required to use repetitive foot motion, eye-hand-foot coordination.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral. vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Report safety hazards.
- Immediately reports incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage.
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed by the supervisor.
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules.
- Refuse any unsafe tasks or operation.
- Participate in safety meetings and training.
- Awareness of their personal safety and that of their coworkers.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives direct supervision from the Mechanics’ Foreman and Mechanics’ Manager; may assist other Mechanics in the performance of chassis or container repairs. Does not exercise supervision over any position.
- Exposure to all possible environmental factors such as extreme heat, rain, wind and high humidity during day and night shifts.
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to dust, fumes and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Moderate to high noise volume.
- High vibration with use of sledgehammer and moderate vibration with use of hydraulic seating system.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Seaboard Marine - 22 months ago