Reporting to the President, Investment Services and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the COO/CIO will provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the firm has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, people, and systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The pace is fast and responsibilities are robust and core to the success of the business. She/he will have an opportunity to be a part of an organization filled with smart, enthusiastic people working with efficient and effective processes supporting client needs.
This role will also be responsible for the overall business operations execution and delivery of system software focused on Financial Services Trading solutions specifically in the area of Managed Accounts for the largest Hosted provider of such services in the world, Fiserv Investment Services, a division of Fiserv. The COO/CIO is also responsible for (but not limited to) Investment Services Multi-platform development, Enterprise Architecture, Foundations and Frameworks, Release Management, QA, Offshore Integration, as well as all Install Software Development and Technical Client Support. The COO/CIO is also responsible to interface with, coordinate and plan all internal engineering support needs, data center operations support and any/all related Cloud services necessary in support of the Technical Infrastructure.
The COO/CIO is responsible for executive leadership, creating software products, business processes and technology policy. He/She is responsible for cultivating first rate innovation, delivering quality products, creating, implementing, and making course adjustments in the software/systems development processes, and directing top notch software development, business analysis, systems analysis teams as a core information technology (IT) business function. He/She is responsible to direct an engineering team of 300+ and be the lead business and Trading technology executive for the most strategic software product line for the Company. He/She is expected to collaborate with Product to develop multiple software solutions covering small to large scale implementations used in both an ASP as well as Install environment in support of Front, Middle and Back Office services. The COO/CIO must lead an organization comprised of high performing individuals and teams in application development, application integration, application architecture, end-user and/or system administrator management consoles and web technologies as well as other disciplines described, but not limited to, the above.
· Serve as a key member of senior management team, providing input and leadership for the company’s overall business strategy. Lead the operational oversight and in support of the company’s growth initiatives.
· Observe, analyze, develop, and enhance operating practices to assure organization wide process. System and work flow are designed to meet corporate services delivery and operational effectiveness.
· Oversee organization wide information technology and management information systems tools to support both existing and future growth objectives. This includes leading the design, selection, and implementation of leading financial software systems to assist in the smooth and efficient flow of information and customer service.
· Provide the operational roadmap for the business planning function which includes both short and long term plans and budgets for the operational areas based on the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Actively participates and is responsible for ensuring the firm’s compliance with industry-related laws. Meets or exceeds the expectations of the regulatory agencies through the development and compliance with policies and procedures.
· Continuously focuses on mitigating operational and compliance risk management throughout the firm.
· Provide timely and accurate reports on all operational areas within the firm.
· Develop, mentor, and motivate a high quality professional operations leaders. Mentor direct reports to cultivate skills and to increase consciousness of the interrelationship between each department in the operations groups and their impact on the firm.
· Remain knowledgeable of market industry trends and competitors.
· Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for the operations group.
· Foster a continuous process improvement environment within the operations group.
· Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with external and internal partners to ensure the successful execution of initiatives
· Develop and deliver system software, applications and services based on a multi-tenant ASP software models as well as Install software models
· Oversee all software development activities which include business systems analysis, technical systems analysis, technical design and programming, and other software engineering activities
· Define, execute and deliver a multi-year product technology roadmap with high quality and consistency
· Perform employee actions of staff management, coach staff, and cultivate a culture of teamwork.
· Build and lead a world class team of engineering professionals that may include any of the following: software architects, software developers, quality assurance engineers, program and project management professionals, internal tools and systems support personnel, client implementations analysts, business process management specialists, data transform analysts, information security specialists, compliance management, software and process audit and others
· Collaborate on and support the implementation of software development methodologies that will dramatically improve software quality, development concurrency and speed-to-market
· Establish departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures as well as associate goals, career pathing, etc.
· Lead the improvement of technical and operational integration with critical systems within the core data center environment and legacy application systems
· Lead geographically-dispersed teams
· Coordinate and manage off-shore development resources in conjunction/support of US based developers
Key Relationships include:
· Investment Services - VP, Finance
· Investment Services - SVP, Operations
· Investment Services - VP, HR
· Investment Services – VP & Assistant General Counsel
· Investment Services - SVP, Client Services
· Investment Services - SVP, Sales
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, business/information systems management, or fifteen (15) years of relevant experience. MBA or Master Degree preferred.
· Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in managing multiple teams that perform large scale software engineering/development.
· Minimum ten (10) year’s experience in related technology fields to include software development, infrastructure support, and IT management preferred.
· Must have extensive experience in multiple SDLCs such as standard WaterFall and/or Agile, SCRUM, etc., as well as SOA strategies, BPM and other technology driven business enablers.
· Also beneficial to be a member of technology groups/organizations or other external bodies of knowledge that further one's technical and financial services Trading competencies.
· The ideal COO/CIO candidate will have a minimum of 15 years within the financial services industry with broad experience leading operations, client services, risk compliance, technology, and people effectiveness.
· The successful candidate must be a self-starter who is results-oriented with the ability to follow through on programs and plans that have been, or need to be developed. As well, s/he should have experience working with financial professionals to implement change.
· The successful candidate will possess mature judgment, the highest level of integrity, flexibility, and outstanding managerial skills, including highly analytical skills and the ability to make intelligent and prudent business decisions on a day-to-day basis.
· Must have the ability to help drive the organization and be a strong and supportive business partner to the President, Investment Services.
· Must be a proactive and detail-oriented individual who is capable of monitoring the operational systems and controls, and making the necessary changes to upgrade systems and policies and procedures.
· Strong human relations skills that demonstrate an ability to interface with persons at all levels of the organization. Excellent communicator, who genuinely respects every level of associate and that person’s ability to contribute to the company’s success.
· The candidate should (strongly) have knowledge of Trading in the Financial Services Industry along with a wide array of technologies as described below.
· Previous experience in delivering applications using some or all of these technologies is a significant plus.
· The COO/CIO should also be a ‘change agent’, able to successfully manage and motivate associates, ideate/create and message clear technology direction and overall multi-year planning.
· Strong financial budgeting and expense management is a must.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
· Must be able to provide technical guidance and have strong technical skills in the following disciplines:
· Microsoft .Net , Java, SQL Server, Oracle, service bus technology such as Tibco, Sonic or preferably Software AG’s webMethods.
· Working knowledge of some underlying technologies such as C#, C++, VB, TCP, FTP, etc. is expected. Previous experience in delivering applications using some or all of these technologies is a significant plus.
· Must be a results/delivery-oriented professional who can effectively assess product development trade-offs, find creative solutions to problems, and set and meet delivery schedules.
· Must be a strong leader, able to work through people, effectively manage talented technology staff, and work with business partners.
· In-depth experience and expertise in enterprise software standards and technologies required (i.e., systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, installation, evaluation and operational management).
· Excellent verbal, written and group communication skills; ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences both publicly with a large audience and in 1:1 situations
· Proven ability to understand complex business and technical concepts and to be able to make good judgment when faced with trade-offs
· Ability to establish relationships with people at all levels of the organization and external clients
· Ability to work independently and maintain tight deadlines
· Strong results orientation with demonstrated track record of success
· High degree of adaptability
· Ability to excel in dynamic, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
(Strongly Desired) - as described above including experience in the Financial Services area, specifically technology as it’s applied to Trading/Trade Management/Trade Optimization and Trading Algorithms, Modeling/Model Management, Rebalancing, etc.
Travel (approximately 30%) is required.
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global technology provider serving the financial services industry.