Properly handles, prepares, cooks and stores food in accordance with established health and safety standards. Responsible for maintaining levels of operating supplies and cleanliness of work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to culinary team members and the restaurant service delivery team.
- Prepares food items per ticket order or as required for production including, but not limited to soups, sauces, salads, appetizers, sandwiches, entrees, breakfast items and desserts according to established recipe standards.
- Employs proper cooking methods, cooks to specifications and handles, stores and rotates food properly in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Slices, dices, chops and prepares raw products.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steam meats, fish, vegetables and other foods as directed or required.
- Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies, sauces and garnishes as required.
- Wipes counter areas, sinks and floors as required to maintain a clean and safe work station.
- Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Maintains par levels of operating supplies and food product for each workstation, obtaining replacement stock from warehouse inventory in accordance with procedures.
- Operates and maintains all equipment and utensils as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
- Knows and promotes current casino events and programs and can give guests directions to all casino areas.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and fluctuating days off.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Must be able to work inside a kitchen 100% of shift.
- Must be able to tolerate areas with extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be able to stand/walk 100% of shift.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, push a food cart with up to 100 pounds of cargo and possess the mobility and dexterity required to meet the demands incumbent to this position.
- Basic knowledge of food preparation techniques.
- Reading and math skills necessary to calculate recipe ingredients.
- Must possess the coordination and dexterity to use kitchen tools and utensils.
- Possess and maintain culinary tools (knives) and demonstrate the dexterity and coordination to perform the necessary job functions.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, crouch, kneel, push pull or climb a ladder to access equipment as necessary from storage areas.
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation, operation and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to work within a smoke-filled environment.
Required Natural Behaviors
- Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Required Education and Work Experience
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
- Two years prior experience as cook in a high-volume food service operation.
- 3 years ago - save job