This position is the primary media relations contact for IU Health. Works in conjunction with Corporate Communications management and staff to coordinate external communication projects and special events related to the organization and its affiliates. Participates in strategic planning and coordinates the placement of media coverage locally, statewide, and nationally. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Requires critical thinking skills.
- Requires ability to work independently.
- Requires ability to track and perform multiple tasks.
- Requires ability to manage projects.
- Requires knowledge of software applications.
- Requires extensive knowledge of public relations strategies and the media.
- Requires considerable knowledge of health care and hospital operations.
- Requires superior verbal communication skills and public relations writing experience.
- Requires analytical ability and strategic and tactical thinking.
- Requires ability to prioritize and process multiple complex projects and deadlines with attention to detail and organization.
- Requires basic knowledge of word processing; desktop publishing and video and print production.
- Requires ability to creatively approach challenges and projects and to work both independently and in teams effectively for the best possible outcome.
- Requires ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with media contacts.
Ball Memorial Hospital - 18 months ago