A Fresh Approach To Great Results.
Charlotte-based Compass Group North America is the leader in foodservice management and support services. By combining fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent, we continue to set the standards for food and service excellence. Our vision for success is a powerful one – to continue to rise above the competition in every aspect of our business – from leading-edge technology, to purchasing, to foodservice, to catering and vending, to facilities management and support services. That kind of commitment commands only the best, and it.s our great people providing great service that generates our great results . In turn, it’s important to us that our talented employees be given the proper resources to achieve their fullest potential. Play a key role in our future success:
Morrison Management Specialists, a member of the Compass Group, is the nation’s only food service company exclusively dedicated to providing food, nutrition and dining services to the healthcare and senior living communities through its two operating divisions: Morrison Healthcare Food Services and Morrison Senior Living. With over 1,200 registered dietitians, 200 executive chefs and 16,600 professional food service team members, Morrison is actively committed to fostering ways to enjoy great-tasting, healthy food through socially responsible practices and superior customer service. Morrison serves over 800 client locations in 41 states including some of the largest and most prominent integrated healthcare systems and senior living communities in the United States.
Morrison started over a half century ago with the idea of bringing our retail expertise to hospitals. Today, we are an industry leader with national reach. We are guided by values that we call The Morrison Way: trust, team, customer focus, learning, and profit. Since the beginning, our strategy hasn’t changed…we achieve our goals by helping our customers meet theirs!
CORPORATE EXECUTIVE CHEF
LOCATION - LEWIS REGION/ST. LOUIS, MO
Corporate Executive Chefs who work for Morrison Management Specialists have the opportunity to access the latest trends in culinary and foodservice management. With our resources and your expertise as an Executive Chef, you will be valued as you go through your day making a difference to our patients and customers.
This exciting position will provide both challenge and satisfaction while allowing you the opportunity to guide and direct a regional team of culinary professionals. As a member of our regional management team you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of duties to include providing management oversight to patient meal services, retail, catering, production, and purchasing programs. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to assist in the opening of new operations. As the Corporate Executive Chef, you will report directly to the Vice President of Culinary for Morrison Healthcare Foodservice Division and support the Regional Vice President of Healthcare in your assigned region.
Join our team and be eligible for comprehensive benefits, tuition reimbursement, a 401K Plan, and many other benefits.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Develops and implements operational plans and systems to ensure that all contractual obligations are met
- Assists in implementing corporate and regional programs based on Morrison and Regulatory standards
- Develops and effectively communicates strategies for improving customer (Patient and Retail) satisfaction
- Provides training programs to assure consistent, high quality food at the facility
- Develops Culinary Support Team (Area Chefs) within Region
- Provides on-going training to Regional Directors of Operations in the area of food quality, presentation and purchasing compliance
- Assists in roll-out of new products or programs as required
- Provides direction to Region Team to assure compliance with all Morrison purchasing programs and initiatives
- Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadline
- Visits units and completes reports in a timely manner (within 7 business days of actual unit visit)
- Manages SG&A budget in a fiscally responsible manner
- Participates in Patient Visitation rounds with facility management team during each site visit, ensures that Morrison Patient Visitation policies and procedures are followed
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and Organization and department sanitation policies
- Complies with regulatory agencies, including federal, state, and JCAHO
- Follows facility and department infection control policies and procedures of each facility, when in facility
- Adheres to facility confidentiality, HIPAA and patient rights policies of each facility, when in facility
- Communicates effectively with all team members, patients and families through conferences, individual consultation and committee participation. This includes telephone, written, and electronic communication
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
- Good management, leadership and client/customer relationship skills
- Displays consistent ownership attributes, which provide a high level of customer service at all points of contact
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with all levels, from senior management to hourly team members
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills
- Excellent food quality improvement initiatives
- Menu, recipe development, implementation and compliance
- Purchasing and inventory control compliance
- Pricing and merchandising strategies
- Knowledge of procedures and standards for Safety and Sanitation
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization
- Hands-on manager
- Willing to travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts or Associates degree in Culinary Arts Degree from a recognized Culinary school with seven (7) years of progressive food service management experience. Extensive experience may be substituted for a degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive BOH food service management experience required
- Minimum of two (2) years BOH food service management experience in a multi-unit setting required
- Minimum of three (3) years hospital or nursing home experience depending upon formal degree and training, highly desirable
- Minimum of three (3) years P&L experience in management capacity
- Expert knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Possesses necessary skills to effectively operate automated food production system
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Must be hands-on manager
- CEC (Certified Executive Chef) preferred
- 85% travel required
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in patient/resident satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified required
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) certification desirable
- Must be able to successfully complete criminal background checks (State and Federal) and drug screenings
Great People. Great Service. Great Results.
At Compass Group North America, our superior balance of efficiency and quality attract the highest caliber level of service our clients deserve. We retain the finest workers with a highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits plan. If you’re looking for a career where you set the standard for personal advancement, then Compass Group North America is for you! Working together, we will continue to experience success as the industry’s best.
Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V
Morrison - 20 months ago