Transport medical records, lab specimens, pharmaceuticals, pharmaceutical supplies, x-rays, correspondence, freight, and miscellaneous items to ensure efficient flow of information and materials throughout various Sanford Health Locations. |
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
High School graduate or equivalent. Must be able to follow a strict delivery and pick-up schedule.
Must possess a valid class D driver's license. Must maintain a good driving record.
Job Specific Competencies
- Demonstrates ability to efficiently transport x-rays, lab specimens, medical records, pharmaceuticals, pharmaceutical supplies, freight, and mail to and from various Sanford Locations.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category II position under OSHA guidelines with low risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Sanford strives to be a great place to work and a great place to receive care. All applicants accepting an offer of employment with Sanford must consent to a drug screen.
Sanford participates in the E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all person(s) hired to work in the United States.