Business Unit: Higher Education Group |
Location: PENNSYLVANIA (Media)
Requisition Number: fheg-1177CMMII09
Job Type: Regular
Business Unit Profile:
Follett Higher Education We help institutions, administrators, faculty and students achieve a shared goal: to fully realize the powerful benefits of higher education. From a community college to a state university, the heartland to the inner city, the East Coast to the West, across the United States and Canada, the needs and requirements of higher learning institutions are as unique as the students they teach. Providing course materials and management services for both local operations and online stores, we are higher education's leading campus retailer and largest wholesaler. Anchored by an assortment of products and services driving access and affordability - including Rent-A-Text and our digital textbook platform CafeScribe - Follett Higher Education Group continues to see growth across our channels, evolving our bookstores of today to the campus stores of tomorrow. Internet. Please visit our website to learn more at www.fheg.follett.com
Course Materials Manager II - #1177 Delaware County Community College Bookstore - Marple Campus
Reporting to the Store Manager, this role manages the course materials department operations including staffing, performance management, providing hands-on technical and functional guidance in accomplishing financial and customer satisfaction objectives. Responsible for the collection, editing and processing of orders to ensure accurate and timely availability of course materials in multiple formats (traditional textbook, rental, and digital). This position regularly interacts with faculty, students and publishers handling issues related to adoptions, selection, and buyback of course materials.
- Responsible for business decisions for 5 campus locations
- May manage associates including scheduling, evaluating, training, performance management, and delegation of work assignments to ensure that department meets / exceeds company standards. This may include supervision of a satellite campus course materials department.
- Presents business case to appropriate campus personnel to secure course materials buying decisions and responds to campus course materials needs.
- Establishes course materials department work calendar and ensures adherence to related policies and procedures.
- Resolves customer concerns. Ensures processes are in place to resolve complex or escalated issues. Reaches out to publishers, faculty and Follett partners to ensure customers are provided with full range of products and services.
- Interacts and influences constituents through daily interactions, outreach efforts, and group presentations on course materials opportunities and other product offerings.
- Secures necessary course materials by recommending quantity and titles to the Store Manager based on interactions with campus administration and knowledge of past inventory activities.
- Ensures store operational standard are achieved through daily activities (shipping / receiving, inventory, housekeeping, etc).
- Develops and implements sales promotional activities for one or more locations in partnership with store leadership.
- Acts as a member of the store leadership team and through analysis of business trends, historical and current data points, collaborates with the Store Manager to institute programs, initiatives and best practices to increase market share. Assists in execution of solutions to improve competitive position.
- Acts as subject matter expert for course materials at the store or potentially for the region.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- An Associate degree or equivalent experience required
- 3 to 5 years previous course materials experience handling progressively more complex functions desired, including 1 to 3 years retail supervisory experience
- Strong computer literacy
- Specialized knowledge / expertise in area or concentration associated with course materials (digital, rental, traditional textbooks, etc.) a plus
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Previous supervisory/management experience in book and/or retail industry preferred
Today, the College is the center of educational opportunity in Delaware and Chester counties, with more than 28,000 students enrolled each year. Whether you're looking to work toward a bachelor's degree, advance your career by earning an associate degree or professional certificate, or just take a course for personal fulfillment, you can find yourself here. (www.dccc.edu)
We value people and it shows in everything we do. That is why we offer a competitive salary and a benefits program designed to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Benefits eligibility depends on employment status, location, and other variables.
To learn more about Follett Higher Education Group career opportunities and benefit offerings, please visit us on the web at
Follett Corporation - 22 months ago