Permanent General Companies, Inc., parent company of The General, is a rapidly growing leading non-standard auto insurance provider. We market our product through various channels including retail stores, independent agencies, as well as internet and phone sales. We are currently seeking qualified applicants for a blended Sales and Customer Service position. If you have considered starting a career in the insurance industry, this is a great opportunity! Permanent General offers an employee-friendly, fun and challenging work environment with excellent training and a well-defined career path. We pride ourselves on teamwork and quality customer service. If you do too, please check us out!
Permanent General offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after one month of employment; health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid time off (vacation, sick, holidays), 401(k) participation with a matching contribution, wellness initiatives and much more!
The Blended Agent will assist prospective customers and interact with company agents who request information, handle pricing quotes and complete the sale of company policies related to new insurance policies. Interaction is primarily with individuals and insureds over the phone.
Essential responsibilities of this position include:
- Assisting customers and independent agents by phone. Typical queries include questions regarding premium invoices, status of payments, and the status of requested changes to an existing policy. Provide professional and friendly service while meeting daily productivity and service goals.
- Researching the cause of policy problems. When appropriate, correct the problem or initiate corrections with the responsible department. Contact the customer with information regarding the manner in which the problem was resolved.
- Answering agent/broker queries regarding whether or not the company will accept risks that fall outside of underwriting guidelines.
- Providing rate information to customers who wish to make changes to existing policies (address changes, changes to the cars covered by the policy, etc.). Assisting customers in making changes to policies by collecting required information from the insured and coordinating it for submission to the Underwriting Department for further processing.
- Preparing written correspondence in response to requests from third parties regarding an insured’s coverage history (Letter of Experience).
- Preparing written correspondence in response to lienholders’ requests for proof of insurance coverage.
- Assisting with training of new customer service representatives.
- Handling retail and internet agent assisted sales calls.
- Quoting and closing sales.
- Handling other calls requiring p/c licenses (i.e. policy changes).
- Handling traditional CS calls as needed and other duties as assigned.
"- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of CSR II curriculum
- Must maintain valid licenses in appropriate states
- Complete all required continuing education courses
- Thorough understanding of iPub, The General, and the sales process
- Desire to sell
- Ability to close a sale
- Familiarity with retail and internet sales closing process
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer and with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Windows, Excel).
- Proven written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to follow through.
- Ability to work in a team environment and balance production with quality of work required.
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) as well as the calculation of averages and percentages.