REQUIRED LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
1. Communication: Strong written and verbal skills are demonstrated in reports, correspondence and presentations. Ensures staff are kept informed of Medical Center and departmental priorities. Communicates vision statement and medical center strategic priorities and demonstrates commitment toward their achievement.
2. Professional Development: Participates in conferences, workshops, and other professional development activities to maintain licensure and/or remain professionally current with advances in field of expertise.
3. Staff Development: Ensures staff receive mandated inservicing in Safety, Quality Assurance, Risk Management, Customer Service, Infection Control and any other inservice that may apply.
4. Problem Solving: Recommendations and decision making reflect strong analytical skills and focus on quality, cost containment, and impact of change on other departments.
5. Customer Service Management: Incorporates the Medical Center's Customer Service goals in developing and/or revising departmental policies and systems. Continually reviews the service delivery process to exceed customer expectations. Is perceived as a role model by staff, peers in customer service leadership.
6. Project Management: Participates in multidisciplinary task forces, committees and projects, demonstrating team spirit and ability to work with different internal customers. When leading a project team demonstrates the ability to bring together different views and skills toward timely and effective completion of project objectives.
7. Clinical Leadership: Clinical management staff provide clinical supervision. Leads clinical (treatment) planning meetings. Provide inservice training and maintenance of clinical standards. May provide leadership for hospital-wide clinically oriented committees.
1* Coordinates schedules of Cat Scan and MRI assuring the timeliness of the performance of procedures; assigns duties to technical, clerical and escort staff of CT and MRI.
2* Selects, hires and supervises CT and MRI Technologists; initiates disciplinary action, including terminations; carries out annual performance appraisal of employees recommending promotions, raises, etc.
3* Coordinates flow of patients to and from the CT and MRI suites.
4* Maintains high technical standards of the Imaging Section in compliance with regulatory agencies and departmental TQI.
5* Maintains high level of patient care in the CT and MRI suites working closely with Radiology Nursing.
6. Monitors inventory of equipment and supplies in technical and patient care areas to ensure par levels are maintained, reordering and coordinating purchases as required.
7* Ensures that equipment is in good working order and that preventive maintenance is carried out according to schedule; in case of equipment malfunction contacts appropriate vendor for repair.
8* Ensures adequate coverage in Imaging area by coordinating the vacation and holiday schedules of CT and MRI staff; approves overtime as necessary and arranges coverage for absent technologist staff; maintains employee attendance records (including vacation time, sick days) and processes time cards for staff.
9. Oversees record keeping (e.g., patient logs, statistics and files); compiles data and statistics and ensures required reports (including productivity reports) are produced according to departmental requirements.
10* Patient care responsibilities are delivered with a knowledge of patient growth and development and are appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
11* Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
- Indicates an Essential Job Function.
Performs other related duties as required.
Graduation from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology required.
Current NYS license as a registered Radiologic Technologist required.
5- 10years of CT Technologist experience in CT and/or MRI with at least 3 years of supervisory experience. Experience operating Siemens imaging equipment preferred.
Basic computer knowledge.
Good interpersonal skills.
Speaks, reads and writes English to the extent required by the position.
JOB SETTING/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Radiology department, MRI suite; contact with patients, staff.
The name is a mouthful, but if you choke while trying to get it out, Maimonides Medical Center can help. The not-for-profit hospital offers...