To perform routine or specialized radiological procedures for patients in order to confirm or deny required treatment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
The employee must have completed a course in Radiological Technology approved by the American Registry of Radiation Technology.
Employee must possess current CPR Certification
Two years experience is required.
TRAINING AND LICENSURE REQUIRED
IEMA is Illinois Emergency Management Agency – employee must be licensed by this organization.
ARRT is American Registry of Radiographic Technologists – employee must be a member of this organization.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES (IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
1. Prepares patients for radiological procedures. Takes x-rays and CT scans following established procedures for patient care and safety.
2. Uses a variety of radiation protection and shielding materials.
3. Ensures x-ray and CT equipment is in working order. Reports equipment malfunctions to service repair technicians and Imaging Supervisor.
4. Logs radiological procedures completed. Processes routine paperwork and completes routine computer applications. Takes reports over the phone when necessary.
5. Maintains x-ray film storage system in office and warehouse.
6. Maintains examination room. Stocks and cleans necessary radiological supplies.
7. Attends required staff and educational meetings to maintain license.
8. Maintains patient confidentiality.
9. Observes OSHA and facility policies and guidelines.
10. Reports to work area on time and remains available throughout the workday.
11. Works additional hours when requested.
12. Communicates to outside facilities in a courteous, helpful manner.
13. Works with other technologists to maintain coverage for all scheduled work times.
14. Performs clinical related work as required or directed. This may include phlebotomy.
15. Maintains CE compliance with the CT Accreditation Organization and assists with accreditation.
16. Travels to outside clinics when needed.
17. Maintains QA testing on CT machine(s)
18. Maintains QA and testing on I-Stat
19. Notifies Imaging Supervisor of supply inventory and when contrast & CT supplies need ordered.
1. Perform all other duties as requested or required.
SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Ability to work on a desktop computer for extended periods of time. May require working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to operate equipment and review developed films.
SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS/TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, chemotherapy, biohazardous specimens & wastes and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
HIPAA Level of Security (as defined in IMPAC)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. The technologist must have knowledge of anatomy and physiology to perform x-ray and CT examinations.
2. The technologist must have knowledge about the workings of the radiological equipment including maintenance and troubleshooting problems.
3. The technologist must be informed about safety hazards common to radiology including equipment, body mechanics and patient movement.
4. The technologist must have skill in properly positioning patients.
5. The technologist must work effectively with patients, medical staff and the public and be able to communicate clearly to these persons.
6. The technologist must follow written guidelines and standardized work practices.
7. The technologist should maintain a positive and caring atmosphere for patients, families, and members of the health care team.
8. The employee must demonstrate the willingness and ability to work effectively with others and assist in department overload situations.
9. The employee must perform job responsibilities in a manner that will promote the practice’s mission and philosophy.
10. The employee must follow the practice’s standards of attendance, appearance, and the policies and procedures (including those that deal specifically with safety and confidentiality) as set forth in the employee handbook.
1. Maintains a positive and caring atmosphere for patients, families, and members of the health care team, performs job responsibilities in a manner that promotes the practices’ mission and philosophy.
2. Demonstrates the willingness and the ability to work effectively with others and willingly assists in department overload situations.
3. Supports Illinois CancerCare’s Mission and Values.
4. Follows the practice and departmental standards of attendance, appearance, policies, and procedures, (including those that deal specifically with safety and confidentiality).
5. Responds positively to constructive suggestions to improve job performance and contributes creative suggestions.
6. Presents and promotes a positive public image of Illinois CancerCare in general. Exhibits pride in and loyalty to the practice.
Illinois CancerCare, P.C. - 15 months ago