- Hours: Variable
- Rotating Weekends
General Statement of Duties
- South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, Village Drive, San Antonio, TX 78217
The CT Scan Technologist will maintain technical skills needed to perform CT procedures. Responsible for the use of equipment to minimize hazards and maximize patient safety. Duties include proper operation of all equipment, digital image management, preparing room for use. Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify the requirements of the adolescent, adult, geriatric patients and to provide the care needed as described in the policies and procedures. Responsible for the care and maintaining of existing intravenous access, may be responsible for injecting specific medication under the direction of the physician.
Essential Job Functions
1. Performs diagnostic procedures in a manner consistent with minimal radiation exposure and maximum image quality.
2. Demonstrates competency in all areas of computerized tomography, positioning, procedure preparation, and technical factors associated with the CT Systems. Will display knowledge in the use of all other equipment used in CT Scan. Performs examinations according to protocol, radiologist preference and ACR guidelines.
3. Consistently consents patients for metals and contrast and obtains necessary surgical history of patients prior to exam.
4. Documents in information systems upon completion of procedures; always documents all STAT reads according to departmental policies.
5. Maintains cleanliness and inventory of the lab to include equipment and facilities. Will follow proper disinfection techniques, restocks supplies as necessary, carts or work area will be cleaned and stocked at the completion of each shift. Supplies area with items necessary for daily schedule; advises supervisor of any items are needed.
6. Follows ACR QC requirements according to guidelines and internal policies.
Additional Job Functions:
1. May have access to radiopharmaceuticals and other non-controlled medications as appropriate to diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
2. Checks defibrillator daily and documents.
3. Supports the mission and vision of the South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC). Understands and is committed to helping STRIC and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
4. Must learn and comply with STRIC safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
5. Adheres to the STRIC Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
6. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics
Education: ONE of the following:
A. Graduate of an accredited radiology technology program
B. Associates or higher degree
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service
line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population
served (if applicable).
Two years CT Technologist experience; Associate Degree in Radiology
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required
CMRT – Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist by the Texas
Department of State Health Services
ARRT registry in CT modality
(X ) INSIDE: Spends approximately _40_ hours or more per week inside.
( ) OUTSIDE: Spend approximately __ hours per week outside (driving/running work related errands).
( ) BOTH: The activities occur inside and outside in approximately equal amounts.
WORK POSITIONS: (defined in 5% increments of work time):
Sitting 50 % + Standing 25 % + Walking 25 % = 100%
Ability to lift, push and pull with assistance (mechanical or co-worker) the weight of an average patient/heaviest object specific to the department.
( ) SEDENTARY WORK: Lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasional lifting and/or carrying articles.
( X ) LIGHT WORK: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying articles weighing up
to 10 lbs.
( ) MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects
Weighing up to 25 lbs.
( ) HEAVY WORK: Lifting 100 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects
weighing up to 50 lbs.
( ) VERY HEAVY WORK: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of
objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
HCA Inc - 12 months ago