- Hours: Variable
- Rotating Weekends
General Statement of Duties
- South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, Northeast Imaging Center, 12602 Toepperwein, Suite 101, San Antonio, TX 78233
The CT Technologist performs diagnostic procedures to include 3-D acquisitions, reconstructions’ biopsy and drainage exams utilizing a CT scanner and imaging equipment using the principles of computerized tomography. He/she is responsible for exam data entry within the Radiology Information System. Additional duties include charging/ordering supplies for quality control in the CT area; conducts quality control of assigned individual scans and assists in training new technologists/students.
Essential Job Functions
1. Demonstrates competency in all areas of computerized tomography (CT), positioning, procedure preparation, and technical factors associated with the CT Systems. Will display knowledge in the use of all other equipment used in CT Scan, such as: power injectors, stereotactic biopsy equipment, biopsy and drainage needles and devices, and any other devices/equipment used in CT.
2. Responsible for the proper use of the Radiology Computer System (scheduling exams, patient tracking, film tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges).
3. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
4. Will follow safety policies and procedures applicable to the job, recognizes impending crisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications and makes a report to their supervisor.
5. Maintains cleanliness and inventory of the lab to include equipment and facilities. Will follow proper disinfection techniques, restocks supplies as necessary, carts or work area will be cleaned and stocked at the completion of each shift.
6. Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, patients, vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
Additional Job Functions:
1. May have access to radiopharmaceuticals, contrast agents and other non-controlled medications as appropriate to diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
2. Shall integrate current scientific knowledge and technology into work practices, play an active role in the orientation and training of new employees and students and participate in continuing education provided to the department during work hours. Will participate in and complete Job skills/Competency Checklist annual.
3. The job responsibilities of this position may include cross training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department/work unit or to permit flexible staffing.
4. Will facilitate and participate in current and future Radiology Department CQI monitoring and implement changes accordingly. Employees shall assist in collection of data, reviewing and revising the CQI program to be in compliance with accrediting agencies, hospital goals, departmental Policies and Procedures. All employees shall demonstrate knowledge and responsibility for ongoing CQI.
5. Will assist in a variety of job-related duties as assigned by the Department Supervisor, Manager and/or the Radiology Director. May handle, pick up, deliver and/or stock non-controlled medications as directed by a licensed team member.
6. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
7. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
8. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
9. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules, regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
10. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics
Education: ONE of the following:
. New hires as of October 1, 2011:
Certificate of Training in Radiologic Technology Program
B. Associates of Science or above in Radiologic Technology
Certificate of Training in Radiologic Technology Program
B. Associates degree or higher degree
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service
line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population
served (if applicable).
Two years experience in CT
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required
ALL of the following:
1. Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Department of Health
2. American Registry of Radiologic Technologist ARRT (CT) certification
: Must have within 6 months of hire date
Current Registry Eligible Employees
must obtain ARRT (CT)
by October 1, 2012
Current Non-Registry Eligible Employees
of the following:
i. ARRT by 12/31/2015
ii. ARRT (CT) by 06/30/2016
( X ) INSIDE: Spends approximately _40_ hours or more per week inside.
( ) OUTSIDE: Spend approximately __ hours per week outside (driving/running work related errands).
( ) BOTH: The activities occur inside and outside in approximately equal amounts.
WORK POSITIONS: (defined in 5% increments of work time):
Sitting 34 % + Standing 33 % + Walking 33 % = 100%
Ability to lift, push and pull with assistance (mechanical or co-worker) the weight of an average patient/heaviest object specific to the department.
( ) SEDENTARY WORK: Lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasional lifting and/or carrying articles.
( ) LIGHT WORK: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying articles weighing up
to 10 lbs.
HCA Inc - 23 months ago